Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Nominations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Presidency Nominations
    Posted: February 15 2004 at 8:54am

WMAS

Well it looks like this may be the best way to go.  So far people seem happy with an online nomination and voting system.  Here is a list of presidency nominations.  If you would like to nominate somone simply PM me and I will continue to update this list.  Then (in about 2 weeks) we will create a topic with a voting poll (or something like that).  Until then, we would like to collect names. 

If you would like to be in the presidency, feel free to write here and tell everyone, that way you can swing some votes your way.  I don't want this to be based on popularity, but rather by who is actually willing to help out and spend time doing this.

PRESIDENT
Adam Blundell
Jon Finch  (JFinch)

VICE PRESIDENT
Jake Pehrson

SECRETARY
Steve Lopez (sjlopez39)
Ryan Foote (RFoote)

LIBRARIAN
Dave Daniels (Sarnak)

TREASURER/MEMBERSHIP
Mark Peterson

NEWSLETTER
Cortney Curran (Gonzo)

HISTORIAN
Suzy Applegarth (Suzy)

PRESIDENCY COUNCIL (area representatives, newsletter, historian, audio/visual, event planning)
Here are the nominations so far in no particular order, all those listed above will be listed here as well

Jon Finch (JFinch)
William Spencer (wsinbad)
Ryan Foote (Rfoote)
Shane Heil (Shane)
Chris Singley (chrisslc)
Terry Boncada (Flying Fish)
Gary and Danielle Williams (Firefish)
Diana Tabor
Arjen Jonkhart (Dutch Dude)
Bruce Ewald (Pistonfister)
Kirk Talbot (Kahuna)
Richard Loser (1mariner7)
Renee Weimer (Weimers)
Jim LaMunyon  (chemguy)
Ryan Willden
Carl- you know Carl

CLUB TROUBLE MAKER
Marcus

Edited by Adam Blundell
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 8:50pm
I am definetely willing to help.  Every club needs a trouble-maker, right?

Edited by Marcus
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 7:04am
I nominate Marcus for club trouble-maker!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:04am
Don't you have to be a member to hold an office?

Although, I wholeheartedly second the nomination -especially after his CrownLine comments a few months ago.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:05am
Diana said "I'd love to help anywhere the club needs it! How about a
new position called Marketing Coordinator? That person could get
the word out about our events (like the Reef Tour!) and coordinate
our participation in the Festival of Trees and other public events.
What do you think? "

Sounds like a volunteer to me! I nominate Diana for Marketing
Coordinator! (Do you think she knows what she just got into? The
Reef Tour is a big deal! ). Thanks, Diana! Maybe we should just add
you to the council list).

Vote Diana! We need more ESTROGEN in our ranks!!!   

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:19am

We may add marketing to the list of positions, up to the current presidency.  If not, that is certainly to be an assigned position for a council member. 

Adam

(ps- instead of more estrogen, how about more unconjugated estriol, that is something I'm more familiar with)

Jared Wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:37am

WHAT!?!?!?  more estrogen in our tanks????  Suzy! will that help xenia grow faster?  How do i dose with estrogen?

(I'll pay my membership at the next meeting if I can be nomiated as assistant under secretary club trouble-maker )

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth ... then He let it cycle.

Have you read my dinosaur theory yet?
Richard L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:40am
Does that estrogen comein the same form as the Mark's Magic Water?
Richard
Alpine, UT
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 12:23pm
Not in the tanks, guys! In the presidency!! And what in the world is
unconjugated estriol? I don't think it's something I want, is it?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 12:37pm

Everyone has it, even males.  It is a derivative of estrogen, but not nearly as popular.  However, it is of huge importance during pregnancy as it correlates to fetal development. Far more than you wanted to know I'm sure. 

Adam

Richard L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 3:26pm

What slippery slope did we tread on to go from Reef Club Presidency to Pregnancy in six short posts?  I am amazed!

Richard
Alpine, UT
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 5:24pm
I nominate Imariner to the council, and his buddy Sandyreef as under
secretary to the club trouble maker.
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Don't you have to be a member to hold an office?

Although, I wholeheartedly second the nomination -especially after his CrownLine comments a few months ago.

I'll be more than willing to fork out the cash if it happens.  For the record, I have been a paid member in the past, even invited to presidency meetings a while ago.  I have no problem with paying for a membership but we all go through hard times now and then.  Priorities take precedence.

Shane, are you still holding that against me?  Come on, I apologized and admitted I was wrong.  What do you say buddy?  My girlfriend came down on me the hardest for the comment after she corrected me by laughing at me.  Guess that just shows how much I know about I/O boats.  But ask me something about flat-bottom inboards and then you'll get an ear full.  Anybody want to buy a Nautique?

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2004 at 12:16pm
Marcus -

I'm just razzing you (about membership and boats).

Why are you selling your boat? The lakes should be fuller this year than last. Did you see anything you liked at the boat show this year? Better question, did you see anything you can afford at the boat show this year?

Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2004 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Did you see anything you liked at the boat show this year? Better question, did you see anything you can afford at the boat show this year?

Shane, I personally like the new $98,000 dollar Mastercraft Maristar 280... But then who can really afford to pay that much for a ski boat?

Edited by Ryan Willden
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2004 at 6:48pm
Wow, that boat cost nearly as much as my house.

Edited by Jared
Jared Neilsen
Lehi, Utah
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2004 at 7:32pm

Shane, I have a broken collar bone right now.  Its been broke for about 3 years now.  Three different surgeons say that its more of a risk to open me up and graft a bone from marrow from my hip then to just let it be.  I also strained my MCL at Powell two years ago and blew my ankle out two years ago.  I just can't ride as hard as I could a couple years ago.  When I was in my prime I was pulling tantrums, scarecrows, 360s, and all sorts of nice tricks.  Now I do couple sets and I'm done for the day.  Its just not worth owning a boat for me.  I will still wake board here and there but not enough to keep paying on my boat.

Katie worked at the boat show this year and she saw a bunch of nice boats, but I will only buy Nautique to wake board behind.  I won't go into why because somebody here probably owns every other boat that I would diss on. I have to cover my ass this go around.  I heard there were sea lions at the boat show this year.  If I was going to get a V-hull, it would probably be a Donzi or a Formula, but I can't afford either of those so I don't have to worry about it.

I would love to keep talking about boats and all, but I wonder if Adam is getting mad that we stole his thread.

Edited by Marcus
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2004 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by 1mariner7 1mariner7 wrote:

Does that estrogen come in the same form as Mark's Magic Water?

This thread is really starting to piss me off!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
timothyuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothyuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2004 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

We may add marketing to the list of positions, up to the current presidency.  If not, that is certainly to be an assigned position for a council member.

I strongly suggest that a VP Marketing position be added to the club presidency.  Adam already knows my views on the importance of marketing - but for the rest of you...  Well, its just really friggin' important.  Besides, the more club members that can be attracted, the more clout the group will have with local fish stores an international organizations - which could lead to better membership perks and just a stronger community.  It'd also be nice to see the society outgrow its current location and serve and educate a larger population.

My 2 cents.
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2004 at 9:47pm
timothyuhl, I strongly agree with you.  I have voiced some suggestions in the past regarding certain marketting ideas but never a position.  That's a great idea, in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic