Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 gallon overflow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 gallon overflow
    Posted: January 13 2003 at 9:12pm
 I know I am a freak but I want to add a 3 gallon refuge underneath the stand of my 10 gallon tank. The only problem is an overflow. The only options I have is to drill the glass ( I dont know how to do that) or to build my own overflow. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Jared B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2003 at 10:05pm

Try searching some aquarium sites for a "weir".  Here is a guy's site that uses one, and has a lot of success with it.  http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/sump.html  He has other good ideas for a sump that incorporates a refugium in it. 

Good luck - Jared.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2003 at 9:18am

I have done this numerous times with a DIY setup that works great and is much simpler and more fool proof than the one referrenced in Jared's post. From the picture, I'd say that sump comes too close to overflowing when the power cuts off. And the sump does not have to have those baffles and if his "weir" stops flowing while the power is on he will overflow his main tank.

I don't know how to add the image. When I click the image button it asks me for a web address! If you email me I'll describe how it's done and send the drawing.

Mark  [email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic