Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Message From The Founder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Message From The Founder
    Posted: February 20 2004 at 7:02pm

The following is a post submitted to our club by Tim Weidauer.  For those of you who were not, or have not yet, been fortunate enough to meet Tim, he is the original founder and first president of the Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society.  The following is in response to a conversation a few members recently had regarding the incredible growth and production of our club.  What we have done, and where we have gone is truly remarkable.

Adam
------------------

All,

SURPRISE!  It's the long lost, perhaps even mythical, former reef nut and leader... Tim.  I just wanted to congratulate you all for the wonderful job you have done turning the WMAS into the BEST reef group in the world.  You may not think so, but I still keep up with what is going on in the club every now and then and I miss all my friends.  I especially miss the after meeting get togethers and the "controversial" discussions that were always sure to happen at our meetings.

I have to tell you that when this club was started in my living room back in 1995(?) and the original group of founding members were all wondering if the flyer they saw in the pet store was for real, none of us would have imagined we would be so successful.  This success has everything to do with the hard work of dedicated and smart people who have touched the club and/or industry in some way.

Keep up the good work and know that Tina, Indigo and I are proud of your accomplishments.  Thanks for keeping our dream alive.

Tim Weidauer - Sandy, Oregon
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jared Wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 2:31am
All of you original founding member types out there are awesome!  Congrats on your great success!
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth ... then He let it cycle.

Have you read my dinosaur theory yet?
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Tim said "I just wanted to congratulate you
all for the wonderful job you have done turning the WMAS into the
BEST reef group in the world.  This success has everything to do with
the hard work of dedicated and smart people who have touched the
club and/or industry in some way."

Adam, I think he's talking about you!!! I miss Tim! Can you PM me
his email address?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 7:16am

I don't think he is talking about me, and yes I'll send you his email address.

Adam

chrisslc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 5:39pm
He may not have been, but he hasn't been around lately. From what I've seen so far it does certainly apply to you though. Mark, Jake, Suzy, Jon, Many others, and even Marcus, share a great deal of credit though too.

Edited by chrisslc
Murray, Utah just north of the park.
"It's all the same to the clam" -Shel Silverstein
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 11:35pm
Adam is just being humble. He made a difference in the club from the first time he set foot in my living room during the 1996 Reef Tour. It was so because we lived only about a mile apart in Centerville! We have shared a lot of ideas and methods about living systems over the years; from Reefs to Rain Forests.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 12:51am

I don't know if there's a note of sarcasm in there or not, but I'll take it any way I can get it.  Thanks!!

Maybe to answer the question, Adam should tell us if the letter was addressed to him or the club.

chrisslc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 7:03am
No sarcasm whatsoever, every forum needs dissent to avoid the dreaded "echo chamber" effect. It's always bad to talk to noone but people that agree with you. You may not change opinions everytime you dissent, but at least you keep us all examining things we would have otherwise just taken for granted. An important position no doubt. here's to balance  (appropriate emoticon choice)

Edited by chrisslc
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 7:23am

The letter is addressed to the club, and was not sent to me alone.

Adam

chrisslc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2004 at 7:27am

sure, sure, and your right, the whole of the club deserves kudoo's for their efforts and enthusiasm that help to bolster the group. But take praise like a man, you know you deserve it.

C'mon give us a bow

Edited by chrisslc
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 8:26am
Thanks Tim, for recognizing the efforts put forth by the members. Mostly, thanks for for having the vision and realizing the need for such a club. Had it not been for this club I wouldn't, as I'm sure many others wouldn't as well, have a reef tank today.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 1:11pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic