Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet Stores, Commercial posts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ed Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pet Stores, Commercial posts
    Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:08am
Hey guys, when you post ads about sales or new things you get in, how about throwing a few prices in your post? Would make the decision whether to drive 25 miles to your store MUCH easier.
155 Bowfront
90 tall, tangs, softies
70 tall, fresh
72 bowfront FO (sons tank)
55 fresh (sons)
30 hex fresh (daughter's)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:14am
LOL  I agree.
I love seeing stores post on here.  I wish all store owners would jump on here once a week and tell us what they have.  It would get me to visit their store!!!!!

But you are right, if I knew yellow tangs were $10 somewhere I'd jump in the car and go.... but what if I get somewhere and yellow tangs are $40?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Ed Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:17am
Exactly!
155 Bowfront
90 tall, tangs, softies
70 tall, fresh
55 fresh (sons)
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:37am
Ed,

Great suggestion! May I add that pictures would also be a huge motivator for many. Especially if the LFS is showcasing a rare or unusual coral / fish.

Ed Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:44am
I've even noticed the problem IN a couple of the stores. They shall remain nameless, but probably know who they are. I kind of feel like they have the attitude that if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.
155 Bowfront
90 tall, tangs, softies
70 tall, fresh
55 fresh (sons)
Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 11:48am
Great suggestion, Ed. If I was a store, I would be doing exactly that.
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2007 at 12:01pm
I agree it would be nice to have a few prices listed.  I understand that some stores dont want to let the competition know there prices so they feel they have the "upper hand", however if the competition really wanted to stay ahead all they would have to do is send a "secret shopper" in to find that info.  I like Ed, would rather know the price of something before I waste the $ for gas to drive out only to find stuff that is way to pricey.

Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic