Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank of the month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 9:06pm

Dave, pictures were taken of my tank today.  Thanks guys.

Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Danny Lueck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Lueck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 9:40pm

Hello John.......

Yes please come see my tank...I will post some links to Pics soon.  My phone number is 619-1852.  Maybe call me soon and we can figure out a time for you to come to Sandy!

see ya soon

"Ask not what your REEF TANK can do for you!!"

[email protected]
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 8:17am

I'm free Saturday.  How about you?  I will gice you a call.

John

Danny Lueck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Lueck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2003 at 10:20am

Yes I think that would be ok.....will clear it with my wife and see.

"Ask not what your REEF TANK can do for you!!"

[email protected]
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 10:31pm

This could be an opportunity to expand the WMAS presidency. We have a great president, vice president/web site guru, administrator (I don't know if that's the official title, sorry Steve), and librarian. (I'm not sure of others, if there are, I apologize for leaving you out.)

Any way, this new person could be the club historian (or what ever), in charge of Tank of the Month (TotM) pictures and information as well as pictures from meetings, social events, or other WMAS activities.  They would track who's tank has been shown and when, as well as preparing for future months. They would decide what things are always shown in the TotM (e.g. canopy, front & side view, sump/refugia) and what information should be gathered at the TotM interview (e.g. how long up and running, how long in current state, water specifics, inhabitants, what the spouse/significant others has to say about it)

There could be a lot of work involved, or something that is slapped together in a rush to get it out there for the members. I personally love my tank, and love to talk with others about it even though it's not very old and I'm still a neophyte. Those I've talked with feel the same way and wouldn't want their TotM to be any less special than that of another.

I'm not sure how the presidency members are selected, but I would imagine if this position was something the society could use then volunteers would be called for and a person selected by the existing presidency.  I for one would love to do this every month. Besides getting me more involved with the hobby, it would be the Reef Tour at a more leisurely pace. What an opportunity!!

Just my 2¢ worth.

Cortney

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 11:43pm

I think it's a terrific idea.  From reading your post I think you would be perfect for the job.  Elections are coming up soon.  Like you I don't know how the positions in the presidency are derived.

Since the tank of the month is no longer just an idea, I think the need and appreciation for someone in this position would be great.

Steve
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2003 at 7:33am
I can help if needed...I have a really cool digital camera! It used to be only semi-cool, but I learned more about working it !! Suzy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2003 at 8:06am

Cortney, I think that is an excellent Idea also.  Hopefully, Adam will chime in.

John 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2003 at 8:09am
Oh, by the way, I have selected Danny Lueck to be May's tank of the month.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 10:13am
How is it going with this project?  Are we going to hear anything about it at the meeting tonight?
paulataylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulataylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 12:06pm

I just took some photos of my tank if an body wants to see them, I dont want to but in front of any body for tank of the month, whos ever in charge of this let me know and i will post them.

Paul A. Taylor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 12:48pm
I think it would be ok to post.  The tank of the month is a way for us to get to know the person and his/hers tank.  Just posting pictures is different.  I hope something is happening with this.  Steve is going to start it off as March's tank of the month.
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 7:46pm

For those not in attendance at this months meeting, Adam let us know that the tank of the month will  begin in April.   I agree with John.  I say post em if you gottem.

Steve
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 10:33pm
It would be nice to have a new forum for "Member Tanks" so people can post their pics and tank description.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 10:43pm

First time I have participated but here goes! I have appreciated the open forum without having to participate activly, and we have learned so much that we finally felt guilty about not doing so. 

I first have to start by saying thanks to  John Fletcher who is a great guy: When I first became interested in the marine aquarium hobby I went to a local Marine Fish Store he was one of the first people I talked with. He impressed upon me more than just a sale! He at the time was working at "The Aquaium" and gave me some really great advice! So thank you John, I would love to see your tank on "TOM"  "tank of the month" perfect person to start with!!!! for us beginners.

Anyway although we are fairly new to the hobby I would like to have our tank previewed. As an  example of a beginners tank. My husband works very dilengintly and I just mostly enjoy his hard work, but we still have lots of fun and questions. So if you ever want a beginners tank call.

Although I do not have the capability to take "digital pictures" I would like to help any way I can. Let me know.

Chris & Liz

[email protected]

[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 11:13pm

Thank you for the very nice words.  I'm trying so hard to remember the two of you.  Please at the next meeting intoduce yourselves.  I enjoy the hobby very much.  I like to give the right advice and help people make it in the hobby.  There is a lot of information out there.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.

"Reefaquarist"

John Fletcher

ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 8:42pm

Great idea on the tank of the month.  How are the members going to be selected for this?

Also if the club needs any help I have a nice diggital cam and would be willing to help out. I know quite a few people have already offered but I thought I would as well just in case. This club has been great and I would definetly be willing to help out if I can.

Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 1:46pm

Jake, excellent job.  Danny, thank you for taking such great pictures.  Also Danny don't forget to get your wite-up to Jake early, so he can get it ready for June's Tank of the Month.

THANK YOU!!

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 2:01pm

Yes the new TANK OF THE MONTH is up for May.  Please check it out.  This is definately one of the best tanks (if not the best) that I have ever seen.  A real treat for the reef tour for those of you in Utah County. 

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 2:52pm
I concure, John has some of the best looking montipora pieces I've ever seen! If you're in Utah County take him up on his offer, stop by and have a look.  Pick his brain... he's growing lots of sps without a skimmer or algae (my conventional wisdom be damned).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic