Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank of the month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 8:13pm
Quote: Originally posted by sjlopez39 on 15 February 2003

What if someone volunteered pictures and information on their own tank.  Then got the info and pictures to Jake. 

T

Steve 

Okay, I read the whole post! Now I get it....Danny gets the pics and info to Jake, Jake posts it in the website for Tank O' the Month of June........Let me know if somebody gets picked who needs pics or something.....
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 10:42pm
I could help with pics too.  I just bought a sweet new Sony F717 5.24 megapixel digital camera.
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 9:32am

Here is what I would like to happen.

Suzy - You are in charge of making sure that I get pictures and a write up of the tank of the month.

The Person who owns the "Tank of the Month"- Invite Suzy to your house to take pictures and either give her a write up of your tank or provider her information so that she can do the write up.

Everyone Else – If you have a digital camera and can take pictures of “The Tank of the Month” then please do so and send them to me so that I can add them to the web site.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2003 at 10:44am
If any one wants movies I have a digital video camera and the appropriate software to export it into computer formats. (e.g. mpeg, mov, avi)
Cortney (West Jordan)
The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel. - Claude Bernard
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2003 at 9:52pm

John Fletcher,

How much of the success of your reef do you attribute to your low fish load? Was/Is it intentional?

How come no pictures of the little blenny?  He's the coolest fish in the tank!

John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 8:07am

The low bioload from fish is intentional in part because I've been told, lower amounts of fish equals less work.  I don't know if this is a true statement, because next months Tank of the Month (June), Danny Lueck's tank is absolutely beautiful and he has a large fish load.  So to sum it up, I like the look of more fish, but don't want to add to many fish to this tank, because it has been this way for so long.

To answer the question on the Barnacle Bleeny.  Danny tried several time to get a good picture of this small fish in it's hole, but everytime the flash went off the bugger would go way back into it's hole.

John Fletcher

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2003 at 10:49pm
Excelent info on your tank of the month John.   What an awesome aquarium!  I would like to check it out some time.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 8:09am
Thank you very much.  Give me a call and we can set a time up.  I also want to see yours.  I am free this Saturday.
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 1:06am
 John- Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  I had to work Saturday.  I'm not sure when my next chance to see your tank will be.  But I'm really looking forward to it. 

Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 10:39am
Steve - I'm free Friday night, Saturday - Monday at anytime.  Call me 801-787-3554 (Cell) or 801-766-1803 (Home)  Can't wait to see your tank in person.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 1:44pm
Hey, Mr TOM June! This PM thng is so not working for us! Have you already worked this out with Jake? If not, can you email me some pics? (Unless you want to show off your tank in person?! We'd love to see it). And have you decided who you want to pick for July? Thanks, Suzy ( formerly known as the goddess of sun polyps )
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 2:45pm

Hey, Suzy.  I don't understand your question.  What do you mean PM thing.   I have not received any private Massages.   I sent the information to Jake and he put it in the Tank of the Month spot.  Can you not open it?  I selected Danny Lueck for July.  It is right after I found out I was on the site, dated May 5, 2003 at 2:46 PM.  Let me know what you need.

John

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 5:50pm
Hi, John AKA owner of the coolest tank in the club! You're TOM for May! I'm hoping to get to see TOM for June.........Suzy (the reefer formerly known as SP goddess......)
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:56pm

I think you should have the next TOM Suzy your tank is awsome!

Thats my vote if I get one.

Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Danny Lueck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Lueck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 10:26pm

My internet and Email has been down

I do have PICS ...I still need to write something up

I will get the INFO to you guy's ASAP

thanks again

"Ask not what your REEF TANK can do for you!!"

[email protected]
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2003 at 8:50am
John- I'll call you.

Steve
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 10:01am
Anybody want a preview of next month's TOM? http://home.earthlink.net/~rapplegart/ Check out page 4!
twflint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twflint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 11:17am

BS! 

Beagles?  I have 2 of them too!

mdawson8931 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdawson8931 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 12:56pm
They taste like chicken!
Mike
Layton, Ut.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2003 at 6:55am
I was going to put the taco bell dog, but I can't spell chi-wa-wa..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic