Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank of the month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank of the month
    Posted: February 13 2003 at 9:13am

Why don't we get a section on this board that is called tank of the month.  The way it works is one tank out of the membership is selected from the group that wants to participate.  The member and the tank is show cased.  This site should include stuff about the member and information about their tank.  What do you all think.

John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2003 at 9:45am

Also, I don't want this to be a contest, not at all.  I thought it would be nice to see other peoples tanks.  This would give us more detailed information, than just on the reef tour.

John

Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2003 at 12:51pm
I agree. Great idea.
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2003 at 2:15pm

Most boards have them and they are great (reef central and nano-reef)  I think it would be great to have one here so we can know what each other has, so we can learn from their experience and get ideas for our own tanks.

And I agree about the not being a contest, each person has their own view of what a reef tank should look like...  They all look great to me if the inhabitants are healthy and happy.

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2003 at 11:54pm

This idea sounds great as long as we can get a person each month to take the time to get pictures and information about a tank each month.  Adam and I, (especially Adam) stay busy just running the Society and would have little time to head up a Tank of the Month section.

I will volunteer my time to post the info about the tank of the month, but someone else would have to work out the logistics of making this happen.

Any volunteers?

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 8:02am

What if someone volunteered pictures and information on their own tank.  Then got the info and pictures to Jake. 

This is where it could get fun.  The person who does it, gets to randomly pick the next person to do the same and so on.

If someone doesn't want to do it when picked then someone else is asked.

Just an idea.  I would be willing to start things off.

Steve 

Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 9:56am

Steve,

You are up.  Please have pics and info to Jake during the next couple weeks.  Should be enough time for Jake to get info on line.  We'll try to go for Tank of the Month for March.  I'll make a short announcement regarding this during the March meeting (CORAL CUTTING).

Just so everyone knows, the presidency has debated this topic many times.  The difficulty being "who is going to get the pictures, the info, and make sure it happens"  I like Steve's idea of one person picking the next person.  Maybe that will work.  Worth a try.

(Steve- I highly recommend you pick John Fletcher for the following month, since he started this idea)

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 10:17am

Sounds good,

I'll get started right away.  I like Adams idea of asking John Fletcher next. 

Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 1:00pm

I will get my pictures to Jake two weeks before April.  If that is enough time.  Please let me know if the are any changes.  Steve, let me know how it goes and any suggestions.  I will more than likely follow suit.

John Fletcher

Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2003 at 9:03pm

John, If you need someone with a digital camera to take pictures for you just let me know.  Danny and/or I would love to come visit you and your tank again!

Dave Daniel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 8:07am

Dave,

Thank you, I will call you around March 15 so the pictures can be selected and sent to Jake.  When am I going to see your guys tanks.

John

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:14pm

Dave,

Would you be interested in taking some pictures of my tank?  I dont have a digital camera.  I don't know your'e availability.  But I'm off tomorrow. 

Steve
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:17pm

To all,

If Dave is not available to take pictures of my tank with a digital camera.  Would anyone else be interested in doing it?

Steve
dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:30pm

I have the ability to assist if needed....  Where do you live?

Dan Sheppard (801) 259-0204

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 3:36pm

I just got off the phone with Dan Sheppard.  He said he would take pictures tomorrow.  Thanks Dan. 

Steve
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 4:43pm

John,

Sounds good, just send me an e-mail when you'd like one of us to come over ([email protected])  I told Danny to get off his lazy butt and invite you over to see his tank.  He said he'll get on it.

Steve,

Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier, I would have loved to take pictures for you.  If things don't work out with Dan let me know.

Dave

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 9:25pm
Thanks Dave, I appreciate it.  Dan said he'd come over tomorrow.  If it doesn't work out I'll let you know.  This club is awesome.  Ya know I'm not sure who alot of the people are on the forum.  Would you guy's mind wearing tee shirts that say I'm Sarnack or I'm Firefish or whoever at the meetings?  (Ha Ha)  I actually know who Firefish is but I just wanted to mention it here cuz it's such a cool name.

Steve
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 9:36pm
John, I didn't mean to take so long to reply.  I will let you know how things go and if there is anything I can suggest.  So far I've written a rough draft including a little something something about the tank and a little something something about myself.  Then I was thinking just add pictures and wala. 

Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 8:54am

Steve,  I have about three paragraphs written about the same stuff.  Do you know if the information is going to be there and then the pictures or are the pictures going to be placesed throughout the article with a small description?

John

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 9:26am
John, at this point I'm not sure.  It might come down to just being preference. 

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic