Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tulip anemone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetnlow44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnlow44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tulip anemone
    Posted: December 28 2007 at 5:31pm

Anybody know any good methods to rid a tank of these evil weeds?

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 5:38pm
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 6:43pm
You can give them to me ;) Are they attractive?
smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 7:10pm
Adam, these are the green pink tipped anenomes that CoreyK used to sell.  The literally take over the tank. Amy has found that her green ricordea yuma kills them.  This is a fast growing yuma and there are many people in the club who have it and may have frags.

FYI - it's the most prolific thing I have in my little nano.
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 7:48pm
Yeah i want some of the anemones. Anyone have some colorful ones they would like to share? :)
pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 8:51pm
yea i miht want some as well it would give my fowlr some more color other then brown...Confused
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 10:33pm
Unlike Xenia, you don't want this type of pest imo.
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 10:36pm
I have to agree with Cody (again) this can be more than just your normal pest.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 11:31pm
As long as they well get along with xenia and green star polyps, im fine with them spreading like weeds.
dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 11:35pm
They won't though Adam.  They have pretty potent stings and will kill off your GSP and xenia. 

My biggest problem with them and all anemones for that matter is that they move.  There is no way to contain them once they get out of control. 
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 11:31am
I bought some from CoreyK a couple years ago.  I think they are awesome.  I have maybe 20 of them now, and wish they would grow faster.  They are way pretty and I'm not sure why people don't like them.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jeffras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 11:38am
I should have taken pics of my 150 when it was covered in manjano. It was so bad for a while that I was considering tearing down the tank and selling it. Mine were ugly and mean. They crowded out all kinds of softies and killed quite a few of them.

I saw some that were very pretty in one of Brads (tileman) tanks. I thought they were ricordia. If you want some nice ones then I would ask him if he has any left. Just be prepared to buy a raccoon butterfly down the road.
Jeff Rasmussen

pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 11:40am
i was going to put them in my fowlr tank the only thing in there are 2 triggers and an eel, oh and of course some utah rock that is now coming alive, and i can't forget my briopsis that is starting to grow.
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 3:22pm
I would be happy to supply you with some.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 3:37pm
Yeah I have a HUGE rock that I moved to my sump that is covered with them! Come get it(I'd like some rock to take its place though,dead or alive is fine)!

Dutch

Edited by Dutch - December 29 2007 at 3:37pm
Honda nut(If you need your Honda worked on give me a PM)

"For the last 10 years of my life I get paid to hurt People, thats what I do, I hurt people" -Jeremy Horn
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 3:44pm
ive got two ive been trying to kill of. they have been killing my star polyp rock. I put it in a different tank to isolate it. they just keep growing back!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic