Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who Should Lead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Should Lead?
    Posted: April 06 2004 at 2:34pm

No, this question isn't about dancing.  What I am wondering is who would you like to see lead a meeting? I know you are all tired of listening to me get up there and talk, and you are all tired of listening to Mark or Jake.  So pick someone else.  If we had a club meeting lead by club members.... who should be in charge that night?

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 2:44pm
Are we talkin' about the next meeting? The meeting where Mr
Scripps is coming? The meeting where the lead person could ask
MR-I-Know-Seahorses questions? That meeting?
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 2:44pm

How about Marcus?  He's way smart and has been too quiet lately.   Marcus, when you read this, you can cuss at me if you'd like.  BTW, we still owe you a frag or two! 

Renee

Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 3:35pm
I nominate Suzy for the next meeting. She seems to be the Seahorse
expert here.

Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 4:02pm
Last time Suzy presented...She did a GREAT job.  I second the nomination.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 4:05pm

For clarification, this will not be for next meeting, but for an upcoming multi member presentation meeting.  Once again, you can't suggest me, Mark, nor Jake.

Adam

GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 4:21pm

I am more than willing to stand in and "lead", if only to show what a great job Adam does.

Cortney (West Jordan)
The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel. - Claude Bernard
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 4:25pm
Adam, have I told you lately how cute I think you are? And, geez, we
couldn't ask for a better president! Your wife is such a lucky woman!
I think you should tell her that daily! Maybe, twice a day!
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2004 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Weimers Weimers wrote:

How about Marcus?  He's way smart and has been too quiet lately.   Marcus, when you read this, you can cuss at me if you'd like.  BTW, we still owe you a frag or two! 

Renee

Renee, thank you for your very kind compliment.  I don't think it would be such a good idea for me to lead a meeting.  Thanks though.  But I am not going to cuss at you.  I don't cuss. hehe...

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 7:02am

Ding* Ding* Ding*

Thirty points have been awarded to the house of Applegarth. 

Adam

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 11:18am

adam, thi is too hard! There are sooo many people who would be great! Jon, Carl, Ryan, Richard, Jared,Diana, Renee,Steve, Mark,ROB,ect,ect,ect!

What if we pulled a name out of a fish bowl?

Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 12:46pm
I'd be okay, but do you really want a topic called Trials & Tribulations of a Newbie?  I mean, I could do some research on something interesting.  Like algae.  I now have Halimeda in my lovely green collection.  Or I could do research on repopulating Palau's green nepthia.  Or seahorses.  Or flame angels.  Or Aircraft Depot Maintenance Accounting and Production System.  I dunno.
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 1:06pm

Leading and presenting are two different things. If Adam did not have a presentation (a rarity for one so "cute"), then you would only see him giving the announcements, introducing the guest speaker(s) and ensuring meeting flow. (Let's not forget going to dinner, plugging the library, introducing Mark for memberships, etc.) Adam does a ton for the club and for the meetings. His infectious enthusiasm makes him a valuable president, and an invaluable friend. Regardless, I think all he’s looking for is for someone to fill his shoes in starting the meeting, giving the announcements, and wrapping things up at the end. Please, correct me if wrong!

Edited by GonZo
Cortney (West Jordan)
The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel. - Claude Bernard
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 1:37pm

Thanks Cortney, you said it more eloquently than I would have.  And with compliments Ding*.  We should have the presentation material prepared, it is the leading, introducing, announcements, opening the buiding, clean up, and whatever else that we are looking to pawn off onto someone else..... I mean looking to give the opportunies of such great fun to someone else.

By the way Cortney, if you aren't careful, it will be you! 

Adam

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 4:04pm
Hey, Cortney would be wonderful! I nominate Cortney!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 7:32pm
Cortney is one of the best choices. He is always there, helping with everything right to the last moment when the last stray drinking cup needs to be picked up. An awesome candidate for the job.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 9:16pm
My vote is anyone but me. I think we should narrow it down to 10 finalists and over the next few weeks eliminate 1 at a time through some kind of competition. When we're down to the winner we could identify that person as "WMAS IDOL" and he or she could lead the meeting.    

Edited by sjlopez39
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 9:46pm
WMAS Idol Starring: Mark (Peterson) Cowell; Adam (Blundell) Jackson,
and Suzy (Applegarth) Abdul...

Sweet!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 10:00pm
You're fired!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2004 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by jfinch jfinch wrote:

You're fired!

Careful now, doesn't the "Don" hold the trademark to that phrase
now? J/K
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic