Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Begginers guide to...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2008 at 1:58pm
Thanks for the add of information!
28g Cube

Beginners Guide to Saltwater Aquariums

Brandon in West Jordan
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 9:25am
This thread has some great information. Bbauman I see you've contributed most of the links to this thread so I hope you don't mind if I borrow  some of them. I want to start a similar thread in the You Can Do It and General Posts Sections. I really like how your first post created categories and then listed several related links after them. If additional links could be added right on the first post it would make finding the subjects much easier. As other members have added links it starts to get more difficult to quickly find the topic you're looking for. I posted some suggestions on creating a quick reference section like this as I think a quick reference for projects and FAQ's would be a big help to all members.

Thanks for starting this thread.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 9:41am

bfessler - thanks for reminding me how much I appreciate the helpfulness of others in this club and the knowledge they've contributed to making my experience in this hobby much more enjoyable. That's what I feel is one of the most valuable benefits of this message board - all the experienced and helpful people on it. I have moved all of the links posted in this thread to the top and tried to organize them a bit so that the links kind of relate to each other.

28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 9:41am
It's been a while since I've been super active on the message board - has anyone seen some really good threads with plenty of helpful information for beginners that could be useful here?
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2009 at 11:28am
Thumbs Up Thanks
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 2:51pm
Seen something that would be nice to have here for others to find? Add it!
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 4:09pm
Just a thought....

I have looked all over for something like this I am sure that there are also several people looking for this kind of information. 

Is there any way to set up a sticky of this post on the general  Discussion tab?

I am new to SW and having an easy place to fine just about everything is way cool.  that way if I need to ask something I can feel like I did my part to research my question first.   
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 4:13pm
I'm willing to ask them to do it again! I know it has been mentioned/asked before. Anyone out there able to tell us if we can do this or not? I'd be willing to clean up the listed links and consolidate them...
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 10:01am
Done!

Thanks for bringing this back up.  You are more than welcome to update it and clean it up if you would like.
mygad125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mygad125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2011 at 8:58pm
Howdy, this has been an excellent informative article! I definitely appreciate all of your
 wisdom. Thanks alot .
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2011 at 8:21am
Welcome, mygad125.  My name is Matt.  If you can make it check out our MWRF coming next month!
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Coltono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coltono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 5:49pm
Holy thread revival Batman!!!!!
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2013 at 11:02pm
Great post

Without this club and help from others, I wouldn't have made it a year

Good stuff

Linn
Pay it forward...
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 3:43pm
You're welcome!
28g Cube

Brandon in West Jordan
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2014 at 6:41am
For all the hobbyists that ever wanted to know how to do it, check out the OP on page 1.
Aloha Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic