Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2008 Club Meetings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 4:22pm
ALSO-
If you don't have a speaker in mind, just suggest a topic you are interested in.  We can find a speaker for any topic.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 6:18pm
I would like to attend a meeting on how to raise different fish--especially since I'm setting up my tank with mated pairs of Bangaii's, True Perculas, Neon gobies, and yellow headed jawfish--and possibly clown gobies but that's still up in the air.  That way even if I can't raise them, maybe someone will take eggs/offspring from me to do so with what they learned at said meeting (it can be about one fish, or several)
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 11:59pm
Robert Fenner
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 12:48am
Sorry Jon, that really is a tough gig to book.

That's ok.  There's always next year LOL.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2008 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Scott Michael.

I wasn't going to mention Scott because we have had him come out a few times before but since Shane brought him up I am jumping on the band wagon. I really believe he is a great speaker, knowledgable, and a very personable guy. He is my favorite speaker that we have had brought in from outside.

Mike

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 7:58pm
I agree.  Scott is one of my favorite speakers.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Those are all people we could get.  We have very good contacts with them.  In fact with 3 of them we have a VERY VERY good relationship already built. 
Adam 

Cool!
Rhine Lenhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhine Lenhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 12:18am
John Walch.  He was one of my favorites....  He really set the tone....
Then again it may have been the good food.  Or the fact that were sitting next to Brad and his Wife from the Aquarium (great people).

Still want to help volunteer on one of them reef ball adventures.

55 Gal Reef.
30 Gal Fuge.

957-9197
2007 presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Rhine Lenhart Rhine Lenhart wrote:

That would be a blast!

Mike

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 8:39am
John, Scott Michael, Bob Fenner... all can easily be arranged.

Adam
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 11:24am

Then again it may have been the good food.  Or the fact that were sitting next to Brad and his Wife from the Aquarium (great people).

They've got another one coming up, I can get the information if you want.  I think it's at the end of the year. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 11:35am
Larry Jackson would be a great speaker.

BTW: if you haven't noticed, I'm going for variety. Big%20smile

Edited by Amie - January 29 2008 at 11:36am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Amie Amie wrote:

They've got another one coming up, I can get the information if you want.  I think it's at the end of the year. 

Okay, the next trip is the first or second week of October 2008 and it's to Palau.  They will not be doing much with building reef balls because they have already established them there.  They will be building a coral nursery holding area so they will be ready to plant should there be a need.  They will be making dives as well as snorkling so diving experience is not necessary. 

If you are interested, John W. will send details about hotel information, etc. in the next month or so. 
Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 10:59am
A meeting on Bugs, Slugs, Nuisance algae, And natural Big%20smilepredators .
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 6:19pm
Great idea Jeff.

Mike

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 11:34am
Just a thought regarding all the talk about the yellow tangs and Hawaii and all that...

The club actually has a friend in Hawaii who is part of the regulations.  This person is one of the people (government official) pushing to have fish collection banned in Hawaii.  We've considered this person as a banquet speaker but could bring them in sooner.

Adam
ps- I sometimes disagree with this person... which really sucks because I know they are smarter than I am
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Crazy Tarzan Crazy Tarzan wrote:

I would like to attend a meeting on how to raise different fish--especially since I'm setting up my tank with mated pairs of Bangaii's, True Perculas, Neon gobies, and yellow headed jawfish--and possibly clown gobies but that's still up in the air.  That way even if I can't raise them, maybe someone will take eggs/offspring from me to do so with what they learned at said meeting (it can be about one fish, or several)

I would enjoy this one and would make the drive from Cache Valley for it.  Sadly, I have to pick and choose which meetings I can attend.  I need to move south to be closer to "club central"Big%20smile  I have an article from someone on this, I'll find out who it was.

Edit:
It was John Walch from a SeaScope article Volume 11 Winter of 1994  I'm not sure of his status now but I do have a PDF of the article.  I thin some of his Jawfish Offspring were sold recently.  I'll see what I can find.  I have all this bookmarked somewhere.

Edited by jpndave - January 31 2008 at 11:22pm
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Jeff Morrill Jeff Morrill wrote:

A meeting on Bugs, Slugs, Nuisance algae, And natural Big%20smilepredators .

I would drive south for this one too.
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 10:08pm

Okay, the next trip is the first or second week of October 2008 and it's to Palau.  They will not be doing much with building reef balls because they have already established them there.  They will be building a coral nursery holding area so they will be ready to plant should there be a need.  They will be making dives as well as snorkling so diving experience is not necessary. 

If you are interested, John W. will send details about hotel information, etc. in the next month or so. 

I might enjoy doing this.  Where do I get information?
jpndave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpndave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

John, Scott Michael, Bob Fenner... all can easily be arranged.

Adam

I don't know anything about John (yet) but would enjoy the other two.  Sorry for so many posts here, got excited and carried away!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic