Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New toys are cool!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P.C Pond buildr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.C Pond buildr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toys are cool!!
    Posted: April 13 2004 at 9:41pm

Here are some new prototype revolutions from www.oceansmotions.com They sure are nice......talk about flow. You guys really need to see these things in person. They work great...And under 30 dollars each!!

Edited by P.C Pond buildr
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2004 at 10:32pm
Is that a standard PVC connection? Do they rotate? Kinda water driven like a scwd?
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 7:04am

Hey, you got tile like mine!!!

Cool!!

You even got my grout!

Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 7:40am
Can you elaborate more about how to install one of those? It appears that you'd need it right in the middle of your tank to do the most good?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.C Pond buildr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 7:00pm

Ok, if you go to the link on the first post there is a video of them working. Basicly they push down and rotate 45 degree's every time water hits them, they are made to use with the 4 or 8 way wavemakers but I guess they would work with a Scwd. Just come and see for yourself...... 

They are standard PVC thread male or female just screw them on and go. I have 8 of them in my tank 6 along the back and 1 in each front corner of the tank. Like I said in a previous post 198 different water directions every 8 minutes at 15/30/45 degree's.

Lets see a Sea-swirl do that.

Look close and you can see them in this pic.

Edited by P.C Pond buildr
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 7:28pm

Hey, I wouldn't mind coming and checking it out. I also pm'd you about a small rose for sale or trade.

Let me know

Kirk

Cell 801 860-7333
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 7:42pm
I am definitely interested in checking these out for my next setup!
inspector eric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspector eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2004 at 10:43pm
What kind of pump are you using to drive that many flow changing heads? ( I wondering GPM and PSI with head height)....I have a Rio 32HF with a SWID and can"t really say that I am 100% pleased. satified for now but I thinnk this needs some investigation....oh and I couldn't check out the link ......my dial up won't do it....
just because it isn't leaking doesn't mean it's safe!!!!
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2004 at 11:12pm

he has talked about his set up some on reef central:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&post id=2565000#post2565000

Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2004 at 6:02am
Inspector Eric, I have no idea if this is true, but I've heard from several people that their Rio pump electrocuted their fish.  They weren't even old pumps.  Just thought I'd mention it.
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.C Pond buildr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2004 at 6:42am

Hey Renee, Show everyone your new "toy" in the backyard

Eric, Only 2-3 heads are on at one time. My pump is big but it is in the basement so it has to be in order to pump up 13 feet of head, They will work with a pretty low flow pump they don't need much pressure at all to make them rotate.

Skyetone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyetone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2004 at 8:29am
You have PM....
I will just give my warning that your system will flood, bulbs will burn out, and things will take continuous maintenance... get over it.

Magna
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2004 at 9:25pm

Tracy, I just typed you a PM, but it wouldn't send cuz your box is full. 

I will post a pix or two tomorrow.  I had to remember how to turn my camera back down to low resolution.  Otherwise, I have to crop them pretty hard in order to post to this board.  No biggee, I just couldn't remember how to do it.  I caught Lucky!  He's okay in 1.020 water right now.  Trying to decide how I'm going to bring that down to 1.018 to be sure that the ich is gone. 

Not trying to warp your thread!!  I do love your super swirlies.  I just can't figure out how we could fit them.  Damon & I have been chatting about them.   I'll post your hard work to a different thread, so this one can continue without warpage.

Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic