Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken plastic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken plastic
    Posted: February 16 2008 at 4:13pm

Today I broke a plastic part on my Sedra pump. It is in a high stress area - the piece basically holds the cap in place that keeps the spindle wheel inside the pump. Is there some kind of glue that would be strong enough to hold this together under water (and non-toxic)? If so, what is the name and where can I buy it?

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 6:50pm
you should be able to use the same stuff they bond acrylic with? weld on or something. Otherwise i think superglue might do it? some industrial stuff.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Jhamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 11:12am
is there anyway that you could aquamend it? I broke the part on my pump that holds the threaded part for the return line. I aquamended it back together and it seems to work just fine now. It feels real strong. If you need to i can explain how I put it back together and insured a strong bond to the plastic. I could also post a pic for you to look at too! just LMK

Edited by Jhamb - February 17 2008 at 11:14am
Jeremy

40B INW

USAF
drysea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drysea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2008 at 10:49am
Two part plastic weld works well for me. You can get that stuff in any big box store.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic