Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YET ANOTHER CRAB ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fishman90G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishman90G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YET ANOTHER CRAB ID
    Posted: February 24 2008 at 2:30pm

ok to start i accidently caught and released some sort of rock crab when first setting up my suspended reef. then i heard it may be bad so i tore it all down looking for it and never did find it or set up the suspended reef again. well last night i saw him under a rock that was right on top of the pileClap. i was so happy to see him and finally get him out because i have been seeing empty shell numbers growing by the day. so i got the rock out and sumped him lol. both of his claws are big and brawny like popeye it is mostly creme colored with a sort of shade of pale green on its back and also on its back is dark brown almost black spots and the same color stripes on its legs. i have'nt been able to find any pics that resemble his body structure and color i did find a crab with sort of the same body style but colors were way off. please help i dont want him to get caught in my pump and i need that space back in my sump for my skimmer. i moved to after the baffles and tank is clouded with micro bubbles.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic