Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brook diagnosis.. or something else???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brook diagnosis.. or something else???
    Posted: March 01 2008 at 1:47am

Quick overview. set up 220 reef back in december. have had it running since. Brought a pair of true percs out from ohio (we had moved to utah). We have had these clowns now for two years with no problems. Put them in the large tank. they decided to take residence in a torch colony. All is well. Next day I notice a large lesion on the side of the female. Red with white fungus looking stuff on it. My fiance assumes the torch stung it and it got ich on it? we do have ich in the tank, but have two resident cleaner wrasses. This happened February 7. Update to today. It seemed that this lesion never healed, but the white fuzz did dissapear after a few days. I saw the cleaner wrasses picking her clean. well than tonight i noticed the male had a small spot on his left pectoral fin. white fuzz, and the female had a small white fuzz spot closer to her dorsal.

Few questions

Is it possible this is brooklynella since it has shown on the female over three weeks now??? My understanding this was a very fast acting parasite.

What do you think it is???

When i saw the male's spot I immedietly put them in a 10 gallon hospital tank with kick ich (formalin and malachite green), a heater, and an airstone.

Is this a good treatment for the possiblilities it could be? i'm temped to stay up all night with these fish to make sure nothing goes wrong. They are by far my favorite clownfish pair and i dont want to lose them.

Best pix i could get for diagnosis help. ALSO.. there have been no interruptions in eating. they are both hogs, and they seem to be behaving normally. Swimming well etc.

PLEASE HELP!!!

you can see the males small spots in this pic

and in this photo you can see the large lesion on the female

The other option i am thinking is that these are possibly torch stings with secondary fungal/bacterial infections??? no other fish seems to be affected or has, and there are two pink skunks that live in the tank also.

I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic