Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the sucking aquarium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
shakin06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakin06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:58pm
I went to the Aquarium last night and bought a new convict tang. I shop there often. Great store!
72 Bow ASM G2 Oceanic1 mag 9.5
TEK 8 bulb T5HO
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 11:46pm

I like some things about The Aquarium. I don't like the bubble algae I got from there, but I should have quarantined better. I would recommend the store to friends but would tell them to be cautious. I have seen many pests and fish disease in the store. But it's not like you can get away from that in any LFS.

My favorite LFS is Fish4U. But I go to The Aquarium a lot also. I could tell you more about other places but I wouldn't have much good to say and my experience is limited so I don't think that that is fair.

And if you have a problem with the prices there is a simple solution: Don't buy it!!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Danner Danner wrote:

lmao Dion, pullin in the urban aquatics card huh.

Ryan

Imao? Was my Sarcasm lacking?

I like the aquarium. They have as many problems with miscommunication and problem employees as any other store. If some one has a problem then they should go to the owner/manager and voice it. Not blast it here. (unless its "They who shalt not be named")
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Danner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:42am
that was my point dion, i was kidding
fishman90G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishman90G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:05am
Originally posted by Holdencraft 33 Holdencraft 33 wrote:

So how do you really feel about Urban Aquatics?

lmao i was gonna say something sarcastic like that earlier but felt since i had nothing to do with why he is out of business, divorced and selling off all his stuff, i should just keep my mouth shut.

i agree enough is enough everyone on here has their own thoughts on all our LFS's, some good and some bad. and then some very disturbing. i think we all have voiced our opinion enough to cause a frenzy and get people really upset. so lets just cut it out already. nicely

BTW will someone hurry up and by my 75g tank with canopy no stand or filtration? $100 get this dang thing outa my basement please. there i turned it into a sell topic lmao. i was serious though i need it gone. id even trade for a 40g breeder tank only or a 36" or comparible sump
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 8:28am

that was my point Dion, i was kidding

Ummmmm Ryan, Just know that I'm a Dork. Ermm I was half way home last night after posting that, when I realized what lmao meant. My bad, I shouldn't post that late after working that many hoursConfused

I think enough has been said. It seams that every spring some one gets there panties in a wad over some store and we get one of these loooooooong threads on there good and bad. With one exception the accuser always ends up looking silly.

I will always give my opinion of the different stores in private. But I think making a fool out of ones self in the open thread is very entertaining!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Holdencraft 33 Holdencraft 33 wrote:

that was my point Dion, i was kidding

Ummmmm Ryan, Just know that I'm a Dork. Ermm I was half way home last night after posting that, when I realized what lmao meant. My bad, I shouldn't post that late after working that many hoursConfused

I think enough has been said. It seams that every spring some one gets there panties in a wad over some store and we get one of these loooooooong threads on there good and bad. With one exception the accuser always ends up looking silly.

I will always give my opinion of the different stores in private. But I think making a fool out of ones self in the open thread is very entertaining!
Me too but Dion I don't wear pantiesLOL Every time this has occurred in the end it is slander. If you approach the management they will do their best to make amends
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
sumostorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumostorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:22pm
Actually, it is libel.  LOL
shaddowwalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaddowwalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:47pm
OuchWOW! Well I see my job is done here.(at least for the moment) Some may say I shouldn't stir the pot, but I feel it is mt duty as an American, and a card carrying member of A-holes of Utah, to indeed stir things up.LOL I'm greatly amused by the 3 pages of replies. It warms my heart to know I can voice an opinion, and have things go boom. So do I push my luck?......................... YES  Angry  I know Brad the owner. I know he will help you if you need him to. That is because he would knock over his own grandmother to pick up a dollar off the ground. BAM! (blows imaginary smoke off imaginary gun)Clap
sumostorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumostorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:53pm
Well who wouldn't???   Duh!  LOL 
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:58pm
WOW!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 3:10pm
hmmpf
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 4:08pm
Oh please, shadowwalk.  Card carrying member of the *******s of America?

Admitting it is the first step toward recovery.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 4:21pm
LOLLOLLOL
Bad "censored" Cabinets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishman90G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 4:31pm
does that mean you only have 11 more steps to recovery? lol.
rebekwl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebekwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 4:33pm
lol!!!!! Did I already say how much I love the freaking site?

Edited by rebekwl - April 04 2008 at 4:34pm
92 corner w/ 30 gal sump
Mantis tank coming soon

"Ain't nobody got Time for that"
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 5:31pm
I like fish Big%20smile

So consequently I like LFS's.... I even liked Urban Aquatic's for the whole 3 weeks it lasted Big%20smile

Thats my thought on this thread.
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 5:34pm
One more quick thought/question.. just by the way this thread is going, and the joy the original poster finds in it...  I just have to ask, Shaddowwalk, do you by any chance own a giant pacific octopus?
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishman90G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 9:05pm
lol where'd the octopus come from?LOL
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 10:14pm
Holy Sh*&!!!!! I fell off of the couch laughing. VERY NICE Tim, very nice!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic