Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gorgonians?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ajilon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajilon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gorgonians?
    Posted: May 12 2008 at 2:11pm
I'm wanting some for my tanks. Red and yellow mostly. Does anyone have any they'd be willing to part with?
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 2:29pm
You might want to move this to the Buy Sell Trade Thread.
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
DeepFriedOprah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 3:24pm
I have a small brown one.
Kevin View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:40pm
red and yellow are non-photosynthetic -- therefore the majority that buy them have them die over 6 months to a year. I have only heard of one person on this board keep a red one successfully.
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 11:58pm
Dion!!!  Don't you have gorgonians?

DebBig%20smile
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 6:21am
Yes he does! Red with large purple polyps too.

Mike

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 8:33am
Tongue A Few.. I'm not fragging them...They are precious little trees from the secret valley.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Holdencraft 33 Holdencraft 33 wrote:

Tongue A Few.. I'm not fragging them...They are precious little trees from the secret valley.

I am also wanting to get some, so I was actually just hoping that you could chime in on how long you have it it and if it has faded or anything else you would like to throw in.

Thanks,
DebBig%20smile
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 8:59am
Red with white polyps are extremely difficult. They do waste away after a few months. Yellow is impossible. I have red with red polyps and red with purple polyps. They are doing well. I also have a purple cactus looking one with purple polyps and a monster purple with white polyps. And a couple others that I cant remember at the moment.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
kdinkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 10:50am
So based on that, I just purchased this:  http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=67  does that mean it will bite it in a few months?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 4:59pm
I think you'll be fine. It says it is photosynthetic so it should do fine with good water quality and light.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic