Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

?about baby clowns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eh2666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eh2666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?about baby clowns?
    Posted: July 16 2008 at 4:32pm
I have 4 baby clowns I've been raising for the past month..(only caught 6 fry/babies but still have 4 alive...) at what point are they usually able to be raised in a regular tank again?
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 4:35pm
What are you feeding them now?  Have you transitioned them to crushed flake food.  IMO as soon as they are "good" swimmers and are eating flake they are good to go.  That is unless you have big bangaii's or other fish that would love to snack on them in the main tank.
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 5:36pm
i'd say an inch. We move ours over to a foam filter once they have gone through meta, and are eating flake. Be prepared to keep up with regular water changes though.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
eh2666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eh2666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 6:06pm
Not eating flake food yet they are maybe half an inch any specific food type of crushed flake? cyclopeez
?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2008 at 9:34am
What type of Clownfish, what did they eat during the larval stage and how did they make it through metamorphosis?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2008 at 11:38am
He is feeding rotifers/live brine.  He's been doing a killer job.  They are percs I believe!

Dutch
Honda nut(If you need your Honda worked on give me a PM)

"For the last 10 years of my life I get paid to hurt People, thats what I do, I hurt people" -Jeremy Horn
Barelycuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barelycuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 4:11pm

Are you still feeding rotifers at a month old?  If so it would make sense to stop.  Also I noticed that you have Randy Reed from Reed Mariculture coming to speak to your club.  Ask him about the product line called Otohime.  It is a larval/juvenille food high in protein & fat for raising small fish.  Otohime is formulated in multiple sizes so that you do not have to grind it up.  The smallest size is comparible to newly hatched brine shrimp.  I currently use 5 different sizes of the otohime for raising my clownfish.

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic