Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maybe fish, coral or invertabrate topic...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yes, please View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yes, please Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe fish, coral or invertabrate topic...
    Posted: August 20 2008 at 11:07pm

Greetings!

So, I've had a clown fish for a little while now, and he seems to have taken to a flowerpot coral much to my frustration (the coral only opens 1/2 or less than normal)

So, my solution was to purchase a long tent. anenome from the LFS (THANKS AQUATIC DREAMS!)

Problem... the clown doesn't want to leave the flowerpot regardless of where I reposition it... at the moment the flowerpot is sitting in the sump overnight...

any suggestions on how to entice the clown to pick the anenome over the coral would be appreciated!

Jeremy

mardoc9024 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mardoc9024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 12:18am
Take a net and capture the clown over the anemone for at least two hours and it should host exclusively over the anemone.
210 reef
marastar 250w lighting
Midvale 879-9322
pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 4:39am
sell the clown and buy a new one, or trade it out to someone for another clown.
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

mikeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 12:40pm
I had a percula for about 2 months before I got my green BTA.  The clown hosted in a big Frog Spawn whilst I was trying to find a cheap anemone.  After I finally got the anemone, it took about 3 weeks before the clown started hosting in it, and I tried all kinds of coaxing as well, but he was on his own timeline.  Give him a little time, and I think he might figure it out.
150G Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic