Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Members Tank Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Danny Lueck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Lueck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members Tank Pictures
    Posted: March 09 2003 at 9:16pm

Thought it would be nice to get a post up of Members tanks..  here is mine

"Ask not what your REEF TANK can do for you!!"

[email protected]
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 6:34am
Great photos.  How about including other info., so we know how the tank became so beautiful.
Cell 801 860-7333
Danny Lueck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Lueck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 11:58am

LOL ...ok I will tell you MONEY!!!

actually the tank is a 55 gal.  It is my first attempt at a salt tank.  I have had almost zero issues with this tank.  In fact I have had a worse time with FRESH WATER tanks then this one.  I have had it running for about 7 months.  I am not sure really what else to tell you. ...

"Ask not what your REEF TANK can do for you!!"

[email protected]
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 2:25pm

Tank looks really nice.  I have seen it in person.  It will be nice to see it as the tank of the month for June.  Please be thinking of the person you will pick for T.O.M. July.

"Reefaquarist"

Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 4:18pm

Here is a picture of my 75 gal tank after my Acro crash:

Jeff Hite was kind enough to set me up with a few frags over the weekend.  This is a picture of the Green Slimer he gave me.  It's a good size frag.  Thanks again Jeff!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 4:26pm
Sorry too hear about the crash.  Do you know how it started?  That slimer looks great.  Enjoy!!!
Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 4:32pm

The crash was from a heater that cracked open.  I created a post of what happened under the Corals topic:

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=271&PagePosition=1

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 4:33pm
These are real nice tanks and real nice pictures of them.  This is great!   I don't know how to post pictures or I would.  But I sure know how to look at em.  Let's keep the pictures coming. 
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
DVadar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 12:09pm

The following picture is big!  The link to it is below. It is the tank as of Nov 2002.

http://www.xmission.com/~ajkochev/images/Tank_Pics/F-N2002.jpg

Other information at:  http://www.xmission.com/~ajkochev/Aquariums.htm

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 1:12pm
Though it is nice to see these images, the "gallery" section of the website is where these could go permanently. The gallery also has info on all the details of the pictured aquarium!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 1:25pm

What is wrong with seeing a picture of ones tank, when it is just one, here and there.  I for one think this is an excellent way for members to see each others tanks, interesting pictures, and progress.  When was the last time a picture was posted in the gallery?

John Fletcher "ReefAquarist"

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 1:29pm
I was only trying to say that I would like to see more members tanks available permanently in the gallery. The last "new" tank in the gallery is two years old. These strings get covered up quickly with all the other posts, that's all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 2:03pm

Yes, the gallery is a nice place to see pictures, for guick refference and such.  (I don't know how I got this font,) I would like to see pictures in the gallery, but I for one know that my tank has changed in the last two years and have not sent any in to update it.  I think it is just easier, to post a picture and say look whats up.  Sorry, if I came across rude.

JOhn

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 2:46pm

The real drawback to throwing pictures in the posts is that they will eventually be "lost".  The pictures in my posts are in my web space site from my ISP, but if I change ISPs (which everyone does occationally), the pictures will not be viewable from the message board anymore (not linked properly).  Is there a way around this?  Should there be guidelines to picture size when posted to the board or does everyone have dsl/broadband?

Hey mark, did anyone offer to post your tank pictures?  Doesn't your ISP provide you with some free web space?  Email 'em to me if not, and I'll post 'em so everyone can see :).

...how come my camera doesn't take as good of pictures as the ones earlier in this thread...

Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 3:39pm

Jon,

This will not be an issue once we have version 7 of the web wiz forums software, then we can upload the pictures directly to the server running this forum.  Jake is just waiting for version 7 to be fully released.

Dave

administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 3:55pm
Dave is right.  Version 7 will solve this problem.
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 7:02pm
I sent an update to Jake. He is going to update and add to my pictures in the gallery. He is preparing the filtration presentation, so it may have to wait till later though. Filtration is my favorite topic so I'm really looking forward to this meeting.
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2003 at 7:11pm

Hey Aaron,

That image of the green slimer is fantastic. I noticed that it is placed toward the center of your tank. Did you zoom in on it, or temporarily place it next to the glass to take the photo. What kind of camera and what resolution is it.

A friend has just called me to say that KUED is running a NOVA program about the Caulerpa in the Mediterranian.

Flaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2003 at 3:15pm
I zoomed in on it and used the "maco" option on my camera to get it to focus that close.  The camera is a Cannon G2 and was taken at the maximum resolution.  I reduced the image size a lot before posting in in the forum.
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 12:21am
Here is one of my 18 gallon acrylic cube at home...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic