Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Members Tank Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 5:39pm

Ok, I'll try.

Maybe you've got a ghost in the machine?

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:24pm
Hey, That bites! Is it this evil Mac? You just typed in that address and it works? Is it 'cause this Mac speaks a different language than the tree button? GEEZ ! I just made that stinkin' old website so I could put pics in! WAAA
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 6:26pm
Hey, cool woodworking,though! Did you notice the seahorse hiding in the stand?
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 12:22am

Here's one of mine:

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 12:55am

Has anyone else noticed that Shane is from Antarctica?

Shane, how about a shot of the inside? The coral is kind of washed out in the image above.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 9:30am
Shane, nice looking tank.  That's a nice look (and utility) that you left a section of hardwood on the floor for the tank stand!  I should have done that too.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 9:07pm

Sorry,

I'm not sure why I'm getting the red "X" of death. Any help?

Try this: http://www.geocities.com/rather_b_boatin/

Shane

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 10:08pm

Shane, I think it's hyperlinked ok, but geocities is often "busy" from too many users and too little bandwidth.  This afternoon the picture showed up fine.

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2003 at 8:36pm

Again:

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 12:37pm

Thanks Sarnack for helping me post these pics of my 2 month old 10 gallon tank using 80% Utah Oolitic sand and 90% Utah Aragonite rock

and the right side

Two power heads, no skimmer, 1/4 cup of carbon 1 day/2 weeks, no heater, 24W PC blue/pink tube, near south facing window, feed brine shrimp and spirolina flake 2x/day, 4x recommeded dosage of Sprung's Marine Snow daily and 1/2 cup phytoplankton every other day. Lots of feeding - no additives other than really hard tap water for top-off!

Five+ types of macroalgae (including valonia), about 12 sps/lps hard coral frags, approx. 21 soft coral frags, 1 rose anemone, 2+ types of sponge, 4" crocea clam, 1 hawaiian feather duster worm, 1" flame scallop, 2 green chromis, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 bi-color blenny, 2 porcelin crabs, 15 snails of 4 types and perhaps 10 hermits of 2 or 3 types.

Did I really put all that in a 10 gallon tank?!!!

Thanks to Rod P., Joe and Cindy J., Rick B., Asad M., Steve L., Jeff H., Orrian R., Kirk T., Chad S., the WMAS coral frag mtg., Commercial Lighting Supply, and the SLC LFS's for all the frags and stuff. Approximate total cost: $300

Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 2:22pm

Happy to help, and I got the sneak preview before you posted them

That is an amazing tank!

John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 2:25pm

Nice looking tank.  I like your aquascaping!

John Fletcher "Reefaquarist"

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 2:39pm

Very nice tank, Mark.  When are you going to show me in person?

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 2:47pm

Jon,

If I recall correctly, you work just down the street for one of the refineries. Call and drop over anytime, even during lunch. The tank is in my office or my home depending on the time of day!

Mark  296-1563

peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 3:43pm
Suzy, if you have problems with your mac, be sure to call or email me. I don't work too far from where you live anyway. I've used a mac most of my life and am familiar with just about any photo editor/web publisher. I do graphic and web page design for a living.
mdawson8931 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdawson8931 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2003 at 6:10pm
I'v seen it in person and the pics do NOT do it justice!! The real thing is oh-my-god unbelievable!
Mike
Layton, Ut.
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 10:30pm
Very, very, nice aquarium Mark.  I've got to see it.  How much is admission?
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 7:37am

Steve,

I took an unexpected trip to Roswell, NM (abducted by aliens!) and hope to be back later this week. Call me anytime. 296-1563 is my cell phone.

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 8:36am
Quote: Originally posted by Mark Peterson on 28 April 2003

I took an unexpected trip to Roswell, NM (abducted by aliens!) and hope to be back later this week.

Rumour has it that the bug eye'd little people have a bit of an algae problem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic