Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Club Members Barbecue 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Members Barbecue 2008
    Posted: September 13 2008 at 5:16pm
September 13, 2008

Attendance- couple hundred???  I don't know.

SUKIE was the head person for this event.  She spent many hours planning and preparing for the big day.  The event included a bunch of food, balloon artist, obstacle course, candy cannon, popcorn machine, contests, games, prizes (including a nano tank!).

Second in command here was Jake.  Once again (as always) Jake came through with some excellent cooking.  While we all showed up at 1pm, Jake had already been there for a couple hours getting things going.  Thanks again for taking this on Jake!

Many people... way more people than I would imagine.  I only knew half of them.  Lots of food, awesome games, and the kids were having a great time!

Adam

Edited by Adam Blundell - September 14 2008 at 12:23pm
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 5:27pm
looks like it was a fun time its a shame i couldnt make it.
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 6:07pm
No pics here, but it was as much fun as it looks!  Thanks for all the hard work getting this put together!
Home of the baby Picasso!
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 6:21pm
HEY SUKIE.........GOTTCHA!!!!!!!

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 6:26pm
lol - just remember what paybacks are like!
Home of the baby Picasso!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 9:27pm
The BBQ was a blast.  The weather was awesome, the food was fantastic, and the kids loved the blow up obstacle course and the candy cannon.  Also you can't beat Shane with whipped cream all over his face unless it's Shane and a bunch of other WMAS members all with whipped cream all over their faces. (Lets see those others.)

For those who stayed long enough they even got to see the FAA come out to investigate the plane crash. 
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 9:30pm
That was fun. Too bad i couldnt put some names with faces, but everyone was already talking to someone else!
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 10:52pm
Looked like a lot of fun.  I will have to go next time.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:02pm
have to become a member first.
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:24pm
It was a great time!

Mike

DeepFriedOprah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2008 at 12:25am
My family had a blast, Thanks WMAS!
Aerial Candy Video:
Fun and Games:
Nevermind it won't let me post pictures, access denied.

Jason
"So, Just right in half? I have a very large one, Like 4" that I would like to frag, as well as a few smaller ones"
Cameron
DeepFriedOprah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepFriedOprah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2008 at 12:30am

Here we go

Fun and Games:
"So, Just right in half? I have a very large one, Like 4" that I would like to frag, as well as a few smaller ones"
Cameron
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2008 at 12:12pm
thanks to everyone who came!!!  it was a blast!!!  Even if I got whip cream up my nose.  LOL

Edited by sukie - September 14 2008 at 12:12pm
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by sukie sukie wrote:

thanks to everyone who came!!!  it was a blast!!!  Even if I got whip cream up my nose. 
LOL

You liked it....don't even lie.....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2008 at 10:49pm
It was a lot of fun.  Thanks for all of the hard work Sukie and Jake.  The games and food were great.  It was fun putting some names with faces.

DebBig%20smile
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 1:38pm
http://www.vimeo.com/1738739

Edited by jfinch - September 15 2008 at 1:39pm
MrViper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 1:59pm
Thanks to everyone that made this event possible.  We had a great time and all the food was extra nice.   My daughter won the tank and is in heaven.  We are setting it up for her.  She has lots of great ideas on what she wants to do with it.

Al, Gaylyn, Marissa, and Clifford
Vipers look cool at a distant, but be careful of the bite..its a killer!

Still to many cool stuff not enough money
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by jfinch jfinch wrote:

http://www.vimeo.com/1738739

Awesome video Finch!!!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 5:36pm
According to my wife this was the best part of the barbecue

she'd really like to know whom to thank for it.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
turbostudsgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbostudsgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2008 at 6:42pm
Adam!

The cake was the best!! My wonderful boyfriend Matt (turbostud653) made that! He is an excellent cook! He is willing to share the recipe if any one would like it! Chocolate is his specialty! Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic