Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pres Meeting Recap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pres Meeting Recap
    Posted: September 23 2008 at 11:43am
The presidency recently met and discussed the future of the club, specifically the next 3 months.  After that we're hoping a new crop of excited and talented club members will continue to expand the club (hint hint maybe YOU should join the presidency).  I'm sure Heil will address each recommendation (as they were all reviewed) but I thought I should provide some basic info. 

As club Historian I take notes during the meetings, and then report back with those notes.  Here are some items from the recent presidency meeting.

Shane H- currently working on another Sea Star issue.  He plans to have one out the first week of October.  After that, he will probably produce both a November and December issue.

Will- has a close monitor on club funds.  Will be gathering information for tax forms in December... however November and December are two very big months for the club so still a lot to do.  Club currently has a few thousand dollars in funds, but also has 2 guest speaker meetings coming up.  Big purchases may also take place (see below under Corey).

Adam- will continue to take notes during meetings and post a recap.  I may branch out to help with marketing for the next couple months (we don't have a specific marketing person in the presidency).

Debbie- soliciting donations.  Expanding the vendor database list and is working to get products for the big December meeting.

Amy- What a month!  Has finished up with the Reef Tour, and with the Members Appreciation Barbecue.  Has agreed to help out with upcoming speakers.  Also, Amy could be of great value in getting preliminary work done for future events (so the next presidency won't have to scramble) like the Valentine's Banquet.

Jake- is finally back.  With serious coercion may update the website.  Look for changes to the navigation bar on the left.  (this may take Adam physically forcing Jake to do it)  Major changes may wait until January 1st '09 under the guidance of the new presidency.

Corey- will continue with Tank Of The Month as planned.  Has requested (numerous times) that the club purchase a new projector.  This has been approved, now we're just looking for the best deal.

Dion- updating the club store.  Look for new items!  Like t-shirts and polo shirts.

Eva- working to get pet store spotlights for the seastar.  Needs to have three of them completed soon for the next three Sea Stars to finish off this year.

Mike- membership is going great.  Very time consuming to send out membership cards to each person during the year.  Not expecting to sell anymore 2008 memberships as 2009 memberships will be available soon.

Shane S- Will continue with item of the months.  Also, working on TOTM plaques for the December meeting, and possibly in advance for 2009.

Shawn- anxious to help update the website with dynamic content.  Has a kick ass wife who brings the sound system even when Shawn couldn't attend the last meeting.

Upcoming Events-
October- all about sumps!  Marc Levenson has agreed to visit with us.
October again- Pests and Problems in the Reef Tank.  A special night for those who displayed their tanks on the reef tour... a way of saying thank you.
November- macro algae and seagrass.  Biotope expert Scott Fellman joins us for a look at macro algae aquariums.
December- the big holiday party... will we have a tank to give away?????
It takes a few months to plan a meeting, so to help the next presidency these meetings are in the works for them
January 09- Frag Fest
February 09- Valentine's Banquet
After February- the presidency has made some suggestions on possible topics, and and speakers.  However nothing will be planned and confirmed as the new presidency will take over. 

I think that sums it up. 

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 5:17pm
Great recap!

Mike

MrNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 2:46pm
It's great to see what you folks all do for us, and we appreciate it.Clap
Just a couple of glass boxes full of slimey things
larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 7:45pm
Is this what you are looking for?  My son bought one and saved some money.  I think he said the shipping was around $15.00, plus you get a rebate of $100.00.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/497198-REG/Epson_V11H252020_PowerLite_S5_Projector.html
Larry Halliday

West Jordan
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 8:54pm

Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 11:03pm
It all comes back to the projector. Amen to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic