Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Light setup....??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skimace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light setup....??
    Posted: September 23 2008 at 6:07pm

I have a 100 gal. right now with 4 PC lights on it, 2 96W atinic and 2 96W 10,000 K ... I need to replace some of the bulbs but was wondering if I should just upgrade the whole setup? The ballasts are at least 4-6 years old, and the cords are starting to come loose. I bought them used with the tank. Plus, I am planning on setting up a 120 gal. this winter. I'm debating on keeping the PC lights, replacing the lights and adding 2 250 MH when I setup my new 120. If I upgrade now I am thinking of doing  the Aquatrader setup with the 2 250 W MH, 2 65W PC's and LED moonlights from Aquatraders. Or do I get new bulbs and keep the PC's and when I setup the 120 add the MH's?

What would you'll do? Any advice would be great!

Thanks 
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 9:21am
I think it all depends on what you want to keep in the tank. 

If it's mostly softies then go with the pcs.  But I think you'd still have difficulties with just pcs lights on a 120gal tank.

I would look into MHs for lights on a 120.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic