FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worm ID please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worm ID please
    Posted: October 05 2008 at 9:30pm
I have them on my glass and I dont know what they are.  If anyone out there can help me out that would be great.  Here are a couple of pictures the first one is so you can see it the second one is so you can get a idea on the size of it.  Thanks for taking your time and looking.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:00pm

They are flatworms.

Mike

Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:03pm
You beat me to it Mike... I agree,  flatworms.

DebBig%20smile
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:06pm
I was sure that is what they are.  I went to Bird World yesterday and got some Flatworm eXit from them.  I followed the directions that they came with and it did kill off alot of them but I still have alot in there.  What else can I do for them.
Goonter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goonter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:12pm
Acoel Flatworm

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/

site map--> hitchiking worms ----> bottom  far left second from the bottom?

that is what i think it is, i could be wrong though.
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:12pm

I would read this.

DebBig%20smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:22pm
I read the one on melevsreef.com  that is how I got the idea that they were flat worms.  Also I followed the directions and his advice on them.  But the funny thing is I have some on the glass that it didnt even do anything to them.  All they did durning the treatment was move around on the glass.  That is how come I thought that I might have miss IDed them so that is why I posted it on here.  Oh well I will have to keep a eye on them and do a nother treatment next saturday.  Unless someone has a great way to remove them.
shakin06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakin06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:36pm
Use a 1/4" airline tube to Vacuum all that you can...dead and alive ones. Safest way to keep your tank from the shock of all the death...just my 2 cents worth.

Steve
72 Bow ASM G2 Oceanic1 mag 9.5
TEK 8 bulb T5HO
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by shakin06 shakin06 wrote:

Use a 1/4" airline tube to Vacuum all that you can...dead and alive ones. Safest way to keep your tank from the shock of all the death...just my 2 cents worth.

Steve

Ditto

DebBig%20smile
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by shakin06 shakin06 wrote:

Steve

The shock of death.Dead
Yes, that's why the use of Flatworm Exit in our modified way is so much better. I've described this here in detail many times so I won't bore you with it again. You said the full strength dose of FWE only caused them to wiggle and move a little more. This is great. This simply means you will have to use a larger dose to kill them. Increase it in stages and wait 10 minutes in between stages until you see them release and float around the tank. Stop at that point to be sure the tank doesnot get flooded with dead FW's. That's what kills the tank. Use AC for a day and then do it again with an even stronger dosage to kill more FW's. As a final step, I've used 2-3x dosage in some cases to be sure they all die.Dead
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Nano_Reefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nano_Reefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 2:27pm
A six line wrasse ate all mine in my 14 gallon nano.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic