Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trunk Strength

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trunk Strength
    Posted: October 06 2008 at 2:53pm
My RBTA has decided to take up residence directly behind my frogspawn, which happens to be epoxy'd to a rock.  They aren't bugging each other but I can't see the RBTA so I want to move the frogspawn.  If I try to pry this frogspawn off of the rock and accidentally break it's hard trunk or whatever it's called.. will it seriously damage the animal?
pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 3:19pm
no it will be fine, you could also cut the truck off with  pair of pruning shears.
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

kdinkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 3:20pm
I am no pro, but I think you would be fine as long as you don't break it where it is fleshy.  I have fragged mine a couple of times and broke the hard part where if forked and it didn't make any difference.  It was open and happy a few minutes latter.
29 gallon reef

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 4:11pm
Don't move the frogspawn, because soon the RBTA will probably move on.
You can end up spending all your time moving other coral away from the moving anemone.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 5:38pm
It's been in the same spot for 2 weeks, will it ever stop moving?  I thought after not moving for 2 weeks he must be set.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 11:16am

We have a fluorescent green BTA that had been in the same spot on the back of a rock for 2 months that just moved over to a new spot. As long as it isn't stinging anything too badly, I would leave it. If you reposition the rock, turning it around to face front, that will cause it to move again for sure. Anemones are cool but can drive us crazy!Wacko

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic