Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I.D. page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kdinkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdinkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I.D. page
    Posted: October 31 2008 at 1:18pm
I still think it is a great idea.  Wet web media is a great resource, but it is also nice to see what the local guys think.  There are many things on wet web that we are "not supposed to do" that people on the site do successfully.  Additionally the are solutions here that do not show up there (the magnesium cure for bryopsis for example).  What is this site for if not for asking questions?
29 gallon reef

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by BrandonA BrandonA wrote:

now i'm going to feel bad asking questions.  Unhappy

Don't feel bad. Many of us here enjoy answering questions and many others are afraid to ask but still learn from the answers.

Mike

BrandonA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2008 at 6:15pm
now i'm going to feel bad asking questions.  Unhappy
pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Jeff Morrill Jeff Morrill wrote:

Originally posted by pa_reptileman_4 pa_reptileman_4 wrote:

and then we need threads on how to prevent and treat them, or just basic info.

I can tell people a Thousand times how to get rid of______.  They will always ask somebody else.

I think there are stickies at the beginning of the forums that answer frequently Asked questions.

so true
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 5:49pm
It would take up a huge amount of memory. Its been discussed before and we will again but there are already many databases available like mentioned above. Wet Web Media is awesome.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 4:11pm
Or we could just put a link to wet web media. The problem is people don't want to look it up they want to be told what it is so they can have the warm fuzzies of someone else confirming the suspicions of whats going on.
CrimsRayne's offical water mule

West Jordan
Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by pa_reptileman_4 pa_reptileman_4 wrote:

I can tell people a Thousand times how to get rid of______.  They will always ask somebody else.

I think there are stickies at the beginning of the forums that answer frequently Asked questions.
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.
rebekwl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebekwl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 8:37am
Sounds like a good Idea.
92 corner w/ 30 gal sump
Mantis tank coming soon

"Ain't nobody got Time for that"
pa_reptileman_4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pa_reptileman_4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 8:58pm
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

Toshokya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toshokya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 8:46pm
I've seen a ton of threads started for I.D. on certain things (flat worms) and think it would be a great idea to do a I.D. page so these things don't keep taking up time and space on all the MBs. This would be a board where we could add pics that have had a positive I.D. and open area where to post pics until it has had a positive I.D. by a few of the "experts" then the thread would be deleted and pic permanently posted with a I.D. There would be a page where you could just browse 2x2 pics with the name under them that you could click to enlarge or if you had a idea of what it could be just type in the name. I know you could google the pics but sometimes they aren't always correct and we end up pulling those pics off and asking anyhow. Just a idea
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic