Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dwarf Lion And Fu Man Chu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dwarf Lion And Fu Man Chu
    Posted: November 04 2008 at 4:17pm
Can these 2 guys be kept together?
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:30pm
Yes, we have both of them in our 120 and they get along. The Fu Man Chu is slower to hunt so you have to distract the dwarf sometimes during feeding times.
CrimsRayne's offical water mule

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:34pm
Ok Awesome. Would a fu man chu be ok with a ray since they lay low?

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:37pm
I would think they would fight over food, but who are you saying lays low? Our rays both lay low but the fu man chu spend most of his time low as well.

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:39pm
Right, i was meaning that they would be on the bottom. I would feed enough for my 2 lio0ns and ray to eat enough

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:44pm
Just because enough food is being put into the tank doesn't mean the fu man chu is going to get it. If we don't play defense with the fuzzy dwarf he would eat everything we put in there for the 3 scorpian fish. The fu man chu is one of my favorite fish but they take some work to get eating.

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:50pm
Hey, i got my dwarf eatingLOL
That was a challenge. I would (Maybe, Advise welcome) keep him in a seperate tank until I got him eating frozen

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:53pm
From my experience a dwarf will eat anything LOL...maybe its just ours, hes a pig.

I would put him in the tank with the dwarf to start otherwise your gonna spend all this time getting him comfertable enough to eat and then your gonna move him and freak him out and have to start all over again. Are you looking to get one locale or ordering online?

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:58pm
Probably local, shipping is REDICULUS! My lion starved for over a week 3 different times before he ate frozen. how he eats krill from my hand

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:01pm
I have been told they don't ship well so a lot of the stores won't carry them. We got ours of another member here and they had him for like 6 months so we were lucky that way. What size tank are the two lions and the ray going to be in?

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:14pm
They will be in a 120, With rocks A really cool way that maximizes room without a suspended reef. Have you seen Bannshy's tank?

Eventine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eventine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:31pm
I think I have seen pictures, you should come see out 120 with them in it sometimes too. Lots of overhangs and stuff for the lions to chill out on.

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:42pm
What he did was gorilla glue his rocks on the back of his tank. very nice

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic