FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASM mod god's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASM mod god's
    Posted: November 04 2008 at 6:24pm
Im looking to do the mod's to my ASM G2 skimmer.  I was wanting to know if anyone here knows all about them and has done any of them.  If you have please let me know I really would like to do the mesh mod and the gate valve mod.  Or if you know of any really good links to them please let me know.  I know someone on here also had the mesh for the mesh mod I was wanting to know if they have any left over that they wanted to sale?  I tryed a couple of links to the mods but the links are now dead so I can even meet up with them to help me out too.  Let me know and my fish thank you.
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 8:37pm
I've got some mesh but I'm in Sandy.
Cell 801 860-7333
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 9:09pm
I have the gate mod and the mesh mod on my g2, but its in storage for about another month and a half. both are easy and well worth it.  I think I am going to do the recirculation mod when I get my system back up again
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 9:37pm
Kahuna is it possable to maybe get some of the mesh from you?  

chk4tix how hard is the gate mod?  Do you happen to have a link to it and what parts are required for it?

Thanks for helping me out with this. 
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 9:54pm
These guys can help you out if no one else can.
210 gallon Mixed Reef
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 10:03pm
gate mod is super easy, its just a matter of finding the right gate valve, a few 12" lengths of pipe, a tee and that's about it.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 8:12am
Do you have pictures of yours?  Im sure I can figure how it goes if I can see some.  The reason I want to do this mod is because the pipe to adjust it is stuck and all its doing is super wet skimming.  It fills the cup up everyday with mostly water and I cant change it.  So Im figuring that if Im going to do one mod I might as well do all of them and have a super skimmer.
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 8:40am
I couldnt find any pictures of the gate mod on my computer but I am heading to the storage shed today and I will take pics....Also if you are having to empty out the cup everyday you could add a drain to the cup to make it a little easier to empty when needed.  ( I did have pics of this already uploaded)

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 9:38am
My g4 is gate, mesh and rec moded. Your more than welcome to come and see it.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 10:22am
Stupid computer at work will not bring up pictures.  I will have to check them out when I get home tonight.  Thanks for the offer Dion I might have to take you up on that offer to check it out so I know what to do.
dduts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dduts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 2:03pm
I've got the gate valve mod info printed up from the old 'asmskimmer.com' site. I can fax it to myself and email you if you'd like. I'll just have to find it tonight after work.
That's what I used to do mine
90g mixed reef

GOT CRABS?

Sometimes I wonder "why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....and then it hits me
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 2:27pm
dduts would you email me a copy also.
Thanks
[email protected]
Cell 801 860-7333
dduts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dduts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 2:37pm
Of course Smile

90g mixed reef

GOT CRABS?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 6:23pm
That sounds great dduts please do.  I tryed going to the site but its nolong up and going.
dduts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dduts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 7:19pm
ok, I found the papers. I'll email you guys tomorrow.
1fishkeeper, I'll need an email address for you. Send me a pm and I'll send it your way
90g mixed reef

GOT CRABS?

Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 11:05pm
me too plz!

dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 12:58am
gate valve helps adjustment, not necessarily performance, best mods IMO meshmod and recirc mod, but on that small of a skimmer meshmod for sure.  Another thing you can do is make a venturi, about anything will work better than the stock ASM.... 
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 2:09am
Originally posted by dew2loud1 dew2loud1 wrote:

Another thing you can do is make a venturi, about anything will work better than the stock ASM.... 

What do you mean by that, I'm interested?  Can you point me in the right direction?
210 gallon Mixed Reef
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 2:48am
If I lived in saltlake and had a source for acrylic I would have been experimenting with these much more, LFP venturi
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1475538

The above link is for a somewhat elaborate venturi designed by a fluid dynamics engineer but its easy to make, I made one on my g6 out of some clear PVC I had laying around, but acrylic is much much easier to work with.

From what I've tested a simple tube cut at a 45 degree angle and inserted into PVC by the intake of the pump will also pull much more than the stock venturi,

Basically the stock venturi is just a little too restrictive, you can get nominal gains by drilling out the venturi air intake slightly larger, I think it will go out about a 1/16" or so before the wall gets too thin ....then enlarge the air line for the intake

Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 11:26am

Cool.  Thanks for the link.

210 gallon Mixed Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic