Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

this thing in my live rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: this thing in my live rock
    Posted: March 12 2003 at 10:03am

What is this thing?  Sorry about the phallic symbolism but there is a critter similar to this in my live rock.  I've never seen the whole thing because it only comes out of the rock partially.  It has some crazy markings and coloration thats hard to describe.  Along the back there are spines much like that of the scalpuls on the tail of a tang.  In the same rock I have identified there to be a peanut worm as well.  But this creature I have no idea.  Does anyone else?  Also I appologize for the ugly drawing, since I have no camera and mspaint is not the best program for doing pictures.

Jeff Hite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Hite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 8:04pm

That my friend is the notourios x dragon.  It only shows its face when you have problems. My suggestion is to carefully get a set of tongs and slowly sneek up on it and delete it out of your tank.

Hey have a sense of humor here!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic