Originally posted by RockStarFish RockStarFish wrote:

You and a few others

did i miss something?
pitiful guppy tank.
shane

chk4tix View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 6:28am
Originally posted by MrViper MrViper wrote:

.....We need to keep this from becoming a "good ole boys club" with the same people running everything and making all the decisions. 
 ...This is a great club, and there are some great members, but we do need new blood in, and not just the same old stale ideas, beliefs and opinions.

If the same people keep running everything year after year, and nothing changes then some will become disinterested and no longer be active.  Take a look at the membership roster, there seems to be a few hundred members, but only a few are really active.  Why is that?

Again my 2$ worth. 

Thats basically what I said last year...
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

MrNewbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 4:29pm
I agree with alot of what has been said here but the current leadership has done in my opinion a fine job and I don't see this good old boys club that is supposedly there.  I have missed some meetings this year due to family circumstances, but the ones I have been able to make it to have been great meetings.  The club is what we make it, if we want DRAMA then we will have it, I am willing to help out any way I can but putting down the efforts that have been made does nobody any good.
Just a couple of glass boxes full of slimey things
Debbles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by MrNewbie MrNewbie wrote:

I agree with alot of what has been said here but the current leadership has done in my opinion a fine job and I don't see this good old boys club that is supposedly there.  I have missed some meetings this year due to family circumstances, but the ones I have been able to make it to have been great meetings.  The club is what we make it, if we want DRAMA then we will have it, I am willing to help out any way I can but putting down the efforts that have been made does nobody any good.

Thank you and DITTO!!!!!

DebBig smile
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
MrNewbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:11pm
I don't want DRAMA here, I was one of the guys in school that picked on the Drama Geeks
Just a couple of glass boxes full of slimey things
bannshy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:15pm
TRUTHFULLY THE TERM drama IS BEING WAY OVER USED. WHAT I HERE EVERYTIME IS SEE THE WORD IN A POST IS. "someone doesn't agree with me" IF I USE THE WORD "drama" THEY WILL CURL UP AND GO AWAY.

JEREMY 

please lets act like it is ok to have different opinions.
PeggySue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by bannshy bannshy wrote:

TRUTHFULLY THE TERM drama IS BEING WAY OVER USED. WHAT I HERE EVERYTIME IS SEE THE WORD IN A POST IS. "someone doesn't agree with me" IF I USE THE WORD "drama" THEY WILL CURL UP AND GO AWAY.

JEREMY 

please lets act like it is ok to have different opinions.

Wow...very well put.
Famous last words, "Parks, Recreations & Tourism"
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:45pm

I don't want DRAMA here, I was one of the guys in school that picked on the Drama Geeks

Jerrys signature line refers to the vote. Usually the presidency votes and decides on all decisions. We would like to give that power to paid members and have it be a majority vote. The president would still obviously be able to veto a decision if he felt it was not a good outcome even though majority said yes. It is not meant in no way to put down any of the current presidency or the members. This is of course reffering to your signature line

Edited by cl2ysta1 - November 12 2008 at 5:47pm
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Mrs Viper Mrs Viper wrote:

I would be happy to accept the nomination for presidency member.  I have free time that I can donate to the club as I am a teacher and have summers off. 

LUCKY! i would die for summers off. My slow time is unfortunetly in winter.. BLAH! good luck!!
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:49pm
No one here has put down the current presidency for how they have ran things. I for one have said numerous times that they have done an amazing job. And shane mentioned he was not stepping down yet stepping aside.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Freshy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:50pm
"Vote for Blundell and Spencer [Insert Catchy Slogan Here]"

Does that mean we are voting for "BS"?

I'll be there to cast my vote in December.  I don't make many meetings, but I try and make this one so I can vote (and hopefully win a great prize).

Andrew

Go Sukie!  

PeggySue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by cl2ysta1 cl2ysta1 wrote:

Jerrys signature line refers to the vote. Usually the presidency votes and decides on all decisions. We would like to give that power to paid members and have it be a majority vote. The president would still obviously be able to veto a decision if he felt it was not a good outcome even though majority said yes. It is not meant in no way to put down any of the current presidency or the members. This is of course reffering to your signature line

So what you are saying is, instead of the members making suggestions and the presidency discussing them and rejecting them (or accepting them)...you would get feedback/votes from the members first?  That would be great.  It's possible my list of suggestions is still on the board from last year, I'd like to submit that again for next year.  All I got last year was a 'No, the presidency talked about a couple of your ideas and won't be implementing any of them'. 
Famous last words, "Parks, Recreations & Tourism"
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 5:59pm
Yes we would like to put these ideas in the paid members forum. Talk about them pros/cons and why.. and than have an actual vote.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
MrViper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 10:56am
I like the idea of paid members making decisions on major items and such, it gives us a chance to be heard.  To me that is one of the important things in life.  A chance to be heard and recognized.  I agree that the current presidency has done a great job, the speakers and presentations have been outstanding and I have learned alot from all of them.  But as a new person into the club, I see things in a different light.  Some good, some bad. 

I see a few people who seem to want to control everything, and new people who may have an idea on something gets pushed to the side.  Thats what will prevent the new and fresh ideas and maybe shake some things up a bit. 

I want to see this program continue to grow and become successful, it has been around for more than a decade and must have great things going on for it to be this successful.  I just want to help when and where we can to continue this growth. 

I want to thank all of those who have been there to answer my numerous questions, and allow me to see their tanks to get ideas. 

Especially to Jeff and Deb.  Tileman, chk4tix, shane and many others.  Sorry if I don’t remember your actual names, as I only remember from the post names.  It would really help to be able to attach a  face with a name and a post name.  I feel introductions would be great in the beginning to attach the name.  It does not have to be long or complicated, just the name and the screen name.  No more no less.

Vipers look cool at a distant, but be careful of the bite..its a killer!

Still to many cool stuff not enough money
Mrs Viper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 12:29pm
I agree with the comment that they don't feel this club is a "good old boys" club but it could happen if only a few people ran the club year after year.  I have seen this happen with great programs and they finally phase out.  I don't see this happening in this club but I also feel that many members take part and share their ideas.  It is for this reason that I accepted the nomination to become part of the presidency.  I want to continue being part of a great club where everyone is willing to help others and give advice. 
ScratZ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 9:39pm
I have a question (even though I'm not a paid member I'm still curious) since this year there are two people running for president, what happens to the person that doesn't win??  Will they just completely lose and walk away as with any other run for presidency or will they just be thrown into the presidency as not the  president?

Ok, I'm going to say the thing that I shouldn't say...or does it matter which one wins??  Example if Jerry and Crystal win will Adam and Will be thrown in the presidency not as pres. and v.p. but if Adam and Will win then Jerry and Crystal are out??  Sorry to offend but just wondering...

(sorry Shane H.  I haven't changed much from last year...)
Humor is in the eye of the beholder, and D@mn I'm funny! :)

Owner of five fish and NO tank!
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 9:42pm

The losing ticket will not be in the presidency unless appointed by the winning ticket.

i.e. if Jeff and Crystal win Adam and Will will not be in the presidency (and vice-versa).

Edited by Jake Pehrson - November 13 2008 at 9:44pm
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
ScratZ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 9:48pm
Interesting...especially the part where "unless appointed."  I realize the whole appointing thing but I just don't see Obama appointing McCain...

Humor is in the eye of the beholder, and D@mn I'm funny! :)

Owner of five fish and NO tank!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 10:36pm
LOLLOLLOL Maybe he shouldWink
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic