Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making people feel welcome.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making people feel welcome.
    Posted: November 15 2008 at 1:21am
I have been reading the posts last few days and one caught my attention.  Overall I feel this club does a fairly good job at welcoming people into the club.  Mike is only one person and I feel he does a good job at making people feel welcome.  He has that personalty that makes you want to be his friend.  I remember my first meeting not too long ago, when Mike greeted me and ask me abut my tank that I have.  It made me feel good.  I was hard get to know people at first since I am a bit shy at first.

As a member of GSLAS (Great Salt Lake Aquarium Society), I felt welcomed there from day one.  Ot is a smaller club then ours.  anyways my first day I was there after I signed up, I had my picture taken.  The presidency wanted to have photos of all new members so they can put a face to a name.  Also wen the meeting started I stood up and everyone welcomed me in the club.  I had people asking me all types of question right after the meeting.  I just felt I belonged there from day one. 

In the salt water club after a few meetings I got to know a few people and felt like I was starting to make some friends.  I think it would be a good idea IMO, to have a lock thread in  the Members only section or anew section for new memebers.  At the meeting we take there picture and have a bio-sheet they fill out.  We would post the bio sheet and picture in the thread.  Comments could be made to that person to get to know them.  That way in the Meeting next time you could go up to say Joe and ask him hows your Clown or Zoo's doing.  That would be good thing to start IMO.  I know there people like I was if you don't know what to say to a person it could get akward and things.

I have done the ward directory and new memeber sign-ups at my ward before.  If this sounds like a good idea to everyone I would be willing to head this project up.  I would like be involved as much as possible with bringing the true meaning of the club which to me is; comming together as friends and one, to grow and expand our knowledge or reefkeeping.

Sorry, for the book here I just wanted to let everyone know where I am comming from and want to help this club grow for the good.

Thanks,
Matt
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
EagleEyez5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 1:51am
This is a great idea.

No matter the outcome of the election, if something like this is implemented into the club, I feel that this election is a success.

WMAS PAID SPONSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 1:52am
now i need to get to bed....

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 8:33am
AWESOME IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 9:10am
yes that is a great idea! i agree. but if your ever going to take my picture i need to be warned first so i can put my face on. and do my hair
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EagleEyez5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by cl2ysta1 cl2ysta1 wrote:

yes that is a great idea! i agree. but if your ever going to take my picture i need to be warned first so i can put my face on. and do my hair

ME TOO

WMAS PAID SPONSOR
KMastin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMastin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 8:56pm
I agree.  I went with my husband to the freshwater club and met and talked to several of the members last Thursday.  I have been a member of this club for a little over a year and still don't feel like I know that many people. 
Kathy Mastin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic