Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Build It Yourself Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build It Yourself Day
    Posted: November 23 2008 at 2:17pm
I would enjoy a hands on class, where I got to build a piece of equipment or gadget and take it home.  I would pay for a kit of whatever in advance (of course it would depend on whether I needed the item or not).  I've come to a few how to build it sessions the club has offered, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do it on my own after watching these.  I don't have a bunch of tools laying around the house, and I hate finding spare parts at HD and Lowes.  If I could plug and play it when I got home that would be cool!

You could do a poll to determine what would get the most interest.

Home of the baby Picasso!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 2:46pm
I like that idea. 
dons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 2:50pm
Yea I like that too.  I noticed on several other forums from clubs where they have done that and it seems to be very successful.  Guess I just gotta get my dues in and become a member now. Smile
tazman1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 4:05pm

sounds like that would be awesome!

75 Reef
55 Reef

john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 4:07pm
sounds like fun to me
out with the large and in with the nano
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 4:27pm
NICE!
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 4:39pm
this is something that I reccomended to the club. we did a few DIY clinics at my club back home. A kalkwasser reactor, a maxijet mod, mesh mods for skimmmers, and a calcium reactor. It is a lot more work on the presidencys end to get all the equiptment needed and take the orders however i definitely think it is worth it. most people just dont have the tools to do it at home after they watch it. Its easier to do it together as a group.
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 4:44pm
I actually brought that idea up at one of our last  presidency meetings and  it is in my write up for this years election.   http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29288   WOW, great minds do think alike!!LOL   We decided it is something that could be done this coming year if someone wanted to head it up.  I would be more than happy to do so.   I have a lot of different ideas on ways this could be done.  

DebBig smile

Edited by frednwilma1999 - November 23 2008 at 4:48pm
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 7:34pm
I can get the template for the GEO kalkenstein kalk reactor, it's pretty easy to do and I've seen a lot of people asking about kalk reactors.
I'd be willing to help build them if needed.
Debbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by dew2loud1 dew2loud1 wrote:

I can get the template for the GEO kalkenstein kalk reactor, it's pretty easy to do and I've seen a lot of people asking about kalk reactors.
I'd be willing to help build them if needed.

That is a really good idea for one of the DIY projects.

DebBig smile
Yes Mikey...I still have fins!!!
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 10:59pm
Yea great Idea, I mentioned this idea a month or so ago as well.  I'm glad we see the intrest.  Maybe, if the demand is there we could have council member just for the DIY day.  That would be awesome.  I'd come to these. 
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 11:01pm
Alright a kalk reactor and I was just thinking about getting one LOL
Andreason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2008 at 11:07am
I vote some cool moon lights :)  We kinda melted ours. 

We could even have a DIY frag party where you bring your own colony and frag it. Maybe swap a few frags with a buddy. I loved the demo on fragging but I may need someone to oversee things.

Calcium reactor would be great as well.  
Andreason's

mr_tongate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_tongate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Turbostud653 Turbostud653 wrote:

Yea great Idea, I mentioned this idea a month or so ago as well.  I'm glad we see the intrest.  Maybe, if the demand is there we could have council member just for the DIY day.  That would be awesome.  I'd come to these. 

me to... i like this idea
220 reef
cell# 760.684.6122
POSTING PIC'S
http://zip-zero.com/wmas/imageUpload.php
tamortman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamortman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 9:47am
i'm in this would be alot of fun
210/75g inwall reef
1500-2000g pond
Herriman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic