Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Raffle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Raffle
    Posted: November 26 2008 at 10:32am
Raffles are immensely popular.  They sure help a lot in allowing us (the club) to bring in cool speakers.

However, there are MANY members that can't make it to meetings.

Could we occasionally, have a raffle item (preferably a nice one) where the raffle tickets can be bought through the "WMAS Store"?  We could give the winner, 2 weeks to pick it up, after which, we select a new winner.

I think something like this could bring in a LOT of needed cash for guests (or replace equipment).  It would also be a nice benefit for members that can't come to the meetings.

It might also get more "publicity" to the WMAS Store.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 10:47am
Certainly worth a try.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ReefBones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 11:21am
I agree .. that would be cool being I am a paid member and unable to make it to most of the meetings ...
140 gallon Reef
65 gallon Reef
55 gallon Aggressive

www.thesalttank.com

801-865-6074

"encourage other divers and sea enthusiasts to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but bubbles"
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 11:51am
Is an on-line raffle legal in Utah?
BrandonA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 1:15pm
techniqally it is  but I'm sure there's a way around it as many other orgs have done it.
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 1:34pm
Great idea.  I am a paid member and have not been able to make it to a meeting.  My schedule is pretty full and it never seems to work out when meetings come around. 
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2008 at 1:44pm

I'm all for raffles and winning prizes.

Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic