Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photos of new sump setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photos of new sump setup
    Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:00pm
while moving the rocks back into my tank from moving it today I discovered this guy, what the heck should I do with this guy, I am thinking about letting 'em live in the sump and eat detritus?

Edited by bbeck4x4 - December 06 2008 at 5:12pm
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:04pm
I have so many that I flush any that are over 6 inches long.
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:32pm
i say bbq it
out with the large and in with the nano
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 11:37pm
marinate it in say, a vinegar bbq sauce?

that's a 55 gallon tank that i am holding him over and he almost reaches the bottom.

Jeff Morrill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Morrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 8:06am
Chop it up and put it back, You will have lotsa little ones that will do the job!!!
WHAT KINDA GUM????... Give em 2 sticks.
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 9:34am
I sucked up one cleaning out detritus so big that it clogged my hose yesterday, then I was lifting up a trachy and a monster was clinging to the underside and bristled the crap out of me, luckily is was on my finger tips so it didn't hurt as bad as it could have, probably two hundred bristles in my fingers.  I dispatch the large ones quickly.
tazman1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 2:52pm
I found a website that sells them for 3.50 a piece. try KSL, people will buy anything on there!! lol
75 Reef
55 Reef

larhalli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larhalli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 4:43pm
That is a big one.  Maybe donate him to the Smithsonian, Guinness Book of World Records, or Ripley's Believe It or Not.
I'm getting more and more use to them but they still really freak me out sometimes.  The biggest one I have actually seen in one of my tanks was about 8 inches.  The bigger they are the easier they are to catch and get rid of.
Larry Halliday

West Jordan
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2008 at 6:17pm
Oh Da** that thing os gonna give me nightmeres. I hate them so bad. biggest I have seen is about 2 inches. i dread the day i turn my lights on and see that monster
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

BrandonA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 11:52am
I saw 1 on a web page somewhere a while back that a guy pulled out of his tank.  It was a little over 7 feet.  Now how gross is that.  lol
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 7:32pm
I think you should take it to a taxidermist and have it made into a necktie 
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 7:36pm
I did put it in my sump and the next day it was dead, there will be pleanty to take it's place I'm sure
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 4:44pm
new refugium in south facing basement window

skimmer in the sump

yes this is a 85 gallon sump

a shot of the whole setup in the basement, still in progress

and a photo of the tank - still need more korilla's

Edited by bbeck4x4 - December 06 2008 at 4:53pm
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 4:48pm
How much did the 85g tub cost?
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 4:52pm
I got it at cal-ranch about three years ago and I don't remember exactly, about $65 or so, it's technically a watering trough for horses and cows.Embarrassed
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 6:40pm
Sweet set up Brian,  Your tank will look stunning very soon with some more growth. I love the rockwork.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 10:14pm

you have been doing alot of plumbing
it is looking good

Edited by john hill - December 06 2008 at 10:16pm
out with the large and in with the nano
Cameron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 11:14pm
Thumbs Up
[COLOR="Red"](801)664-4240

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic