FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats wrong with my Maroon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats wrong with my Maroon?
    Posted: December 14 2008 at 10:12am
This morning when i wake up i notice that my large (4-5in) Maroon clown has some blue dicoloration on the lower part of his first strip.  His activity level seems normal other then he is sand blasting more then normal today?  What could casue this discoloration?

Sorry pic is from cell phone but you can kinda see the blue there by his mouth on his strip

Edited by 05gtiguy - December 14 2008 at 10:20am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 1:52pm
Anyone?  I hav searched all over the web to no avail, anyone know anything about this?
dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 2:12pm
well "He" is actually a "she", do you have a pair or just her?  She looks like she is in breeding colors, very dark and has a blue outline along her gold stripe.  The blue coloration is nothing to worry about, unless you notice her starting to fade and lose color.  The fanning is her preparing her breeding site, ours does it all the time.  If you do have a pair and you notice their lips getting white/blue its because they are cleaning a place to lay eggs.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 3:17pm
[QUOTE=dew2loud1]well "He" is actually a "she", do you have a pair or just her?  QUOTE]

Proof that I must be sexist, I am fully aware that the Larger is the female, but still said HIM.  Ha ha ha, yes i have a pair, but they male is still a too young to breed i would think as he has only one yellow strip as of yet.  I thought all their strips have to turn before they are mature???

dew2loud1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dew2loud1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 5:11pm
He is most likely still too young, but she's just going through the motions getting ready.  Ours did that for about six months until they finally started spawning.
tazman1982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 5:42pm
While on the subject of clowns..... I added a smaller clown to my tank about a week ago and it is developing black spots. like 3-4 on one side and 1-2 on the other. Is that the process of changing? it is the smaller one so I didnt think that one would be changing. but I don't know. the 2 clowns swim together and host in the same area. is one changing and their hormones off or what?
 sorry to steal the thread. but your ? was already answered.Tongue
75 Reef
55 Reef

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic