Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Splitting Threads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Splitting Threads
    Posted: March 14 2003 at 10:35pm
Jake,  that's how I started this new thread...I was hoping for something easier like the ability to change the "subject" header when replying to a post (can't you do that with most usenet newsgoup readers?  It's been so long since I've used anything other then dejanews...oops google).
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 9:23pm

There is an easy way to quote from on thread to another.  Simply highlight the text that you want to copy and hit ctrl-c then go to the new post and click ctrl-v.  This will paste the text into your post.

Hope that helps.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 3:04pm
Quote: Originally posted by Sarnack on 14 March 2003

Funny how threads on this board are always hijacked.  Don't get me wrong I am not complaining.  Jessica's tread "leather coral" mutated into aiptasia control.  Here we have gone from Fungia to Coral ID to a fieldtrip.  The only reason I don't like this is when you are trying to find info later or you don't read every post you rely on the subject of the thread.  So maybe we should just copy the last post that is going to start a new discussion and start it with an appropriate subject description?

Here, here!  I just wish there were an easier way to quote into a new subject.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic