Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Fish! Bluespot Jawfish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fish! Bluespot Jawfish
    Posted: December 22 2008 at 3:33pm
So the other day when the Aquarium had some sale, Scott and I woke up early (for us) to go get a bluespot jawfish. Brandon fed them for us, so we were able to pick out one. The first day he made a burrow in the back corner. Last night he moved to the very front and center of the tank. He eats well, so I am hoping he will continue to do well.

I loves him!

90g Reef
cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cl2ysta1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 3:38pm
these guys are cool. I however cannot give up my barebottom tanks for one :)
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 4:02pm
Jawfish are cool and the main reason I would never consider a bare bottom tank!

Great pictures Dana. He will probably dig out each corner of the tank and then move a few more times before he settles in. Until then he is really prone to jump out of the tank. Anything can make them jumpy too. Some rubble and pieces of shell will help him stabilize the sides of his burrow and feel more at home.

Mike

bannshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 4:26pm
Watch any unattached frags they might become part of its burrow. I need to come by and check out your tanks sometime. It looks like you are getting quite a collection going.
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 4:38pm
He is so cute.

I want one, but if there is one thing I've learned about jumpers... if they can they will. 
I've had fish jump through the smallest of holes.  Even a 1/2" is more than enough room. Unhappy
Hopefully he stays in the tank. 
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 4:40pm

Even after they settle in, they can and will jump!  And, as Eva says, out of small holes.

If you need some pond netting to make a screen top, I have some that you can have.

Welcome to the Bluespot Club!
Home of the baby Picasso!
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 5:08pm
He is AWESOME!  I really wish mine had lived thru the night on saturday... :( 
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Bluespotjawfish Bluespotjawfish wrote:

Even after they settle in, they can and will jump!  And, as Eva says, out of small holes.

If you need some pond netting to make a screen top, I have some that you can have.

Scott got the frames to make a screen, but couldn't fine the right netting. Right now we only have egg crate. If you do have some extra pond netting, we would totally be in your debt!
90g Reef
GentlemanBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Bluespotjawfish Bluespotjawfish wrote:

I would love to come pick up some of that netting today. I have been worrying non-stop that he is going to jump through the eggcrate.

We will be out most of the day today and I could stop by anytime. If you available, please give me a call 801-828-7738

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by bannshy bannshy wrote:

Watch any unattached frags they might become part of its burrow. I need to come by and check out your tanks sometime. It looks like you are getting quite a collection going.

You are welcome to drop by anytime Big smile
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 5:50pm
How much netting do you need?  If you cant get ahold of Lorraine, I could scrape you up some.  I'm in Murray also.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 6:07pm
Beautiful fish, congratulations!
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

How much netting do you need?  If you cant get ahold of Lorraine, I could scrape you up some.  I'm in Murray also.

Thanks Brad! If you have enough for a 36"x18" tank, I would love to come pick it up.
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 7:21pm
Yea , I'm sure I do  Do you have my address?
335G Reef
TOTM.

&

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

Yea , I'm sure I do  Do you have my address?

No we've never gotten to see your tank before. Would about a half hour from now be okay with you?
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 7:25pm
Yep, 5545 Walden Meadows Drive  84123
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 7:35pm
Sorry, I must have been asleep at the computer.  I do have some if you still need it.  Make sure you use 3/8 inch or less.

Lorraine
556-4286

Home of the baby Picasso!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 2:07am
Thanks so much Brad! It was great to finally meet you and your lovely wife and to finally see your tanks. Even better than the pictures. Clap
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 8:55am
It was very nice to meet you guys.  Let me know how your top turns out.
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
Gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 10:31pm
I'm in need of some netting, so where can I buy some? who carries it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic