FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedValentine's Banquet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 5:34pm
And way more work than they were worth. As was stated earlier only the flintstones bought them. (ok maybe a couple others. In the end Rhine worked his butt off for a service no one usedCry
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
tazman1982 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by jpiotrowski jpiotrowski wrote:

I agree with 50% of thatLOL
My point exactly! LOL

75 Reef
55 Reef

cl2ysta1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

Maybe Suzy.........

neither apparently. i asked them
I <3 Boxers
Achilles tang lover
dons View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 10:43pm
It was Jeff Clap
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 10:47pm
That would be funnyLOL
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
concerned View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 10:30am
Here is my problem with the meeting:

So lets do some simple math and see if this is for the 'elite clique' or not. As per Adam, there are 80 tickets available this year, and that is 20 more than last year.

Tickets sold last year, 60
price per ticket, $20
Total income from ticket sells for the banquet, $20 x 60 = $1200

From the WMAS Profit and Loss Statement from 2008 {you should have known that showing someone the finacial statements would come back to bite you in the ass}

6530 Valentines Banquet expense $2033.33

So according to the books, the banquet cost $833.33 more than it brought in.

So if there are only 100 members at the time of the banquet, and only 30 of them are able to attend this meeting, then that calculates out to a total of 833.33 divided by the number of member who are not able to attend {70} which means that this meeting cost each paid member not attending $11.90.

So I would have to agree with the comment of this being for an 'elite clique'.

Very simple to figure out, no wonder they didn't want to show people the financial statements.

this make me want to ask, what is the budget right now, exactly how much did we bring in from the frag fest, and how much do we get from the advertisements and banners on the website.

IN REALITY, how much does this club make a year and why not keep us updated through out the year?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 10:38am
I agree if these #'s are true and correct then something needs to be done about it, but do it under your real name!! MY HELL GROW UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

#1 I am in no way asscociated with ANY clique, especialy an elite one by any means!!
#2 Come buy my d.a.m.n tickets if you are going to cry like a d.a.m.n little girl!!
#3 Grow up and use your real post name. This is a nice piece of info that you should be proud of if it is legit!!

Edited by tazman1982 - January 17 2009 at 10:39am
75 Reef
55 Reef

Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 10:45am

Please remember people that its not hard to tell who you are that start new profiles and post. Under the by laws your account can be suspended or blocked for not following the rules. (having more than 1 account) Please feel free to post anything you find interesting but do it with your own name.

Bad "censored" Cabinets
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 10:51am
O and by the way Amie (?), Thats a skewed way to look at the figures. To put it on all of the "paid members" is not correct. Your not taking in to account the donations that were given to the club strictly for that meeting. Or the funds raised to sponsor it. I didn't know these figures and frankly didn't care. It was a great idea that was meet with great positive responses till this year. Once again the fab 5 find conspiracy around every corner.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
concerned View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 10:55am
Nope, not Amie, but keep guessing{but only 4 more guesse, lets see who you think the 'fab 5 are?'}, or block the name. doesn't matter anyway

Edited by concerned - January 17 2009 at 10:56am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 10:58am
Did you read the post before ? GROW UP!! MY HELL!!
I am Sorry but I feel like this is a bunch of 5 yr old S.H.I.T!!!!
I don't care who you are! if this is good info you should be proud of it!!

tell me if I am Wrong??

Edited by tazman1982 - January 17 2009 at 11:00am
75 Reef
55 Reef

Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 11:07am

Dang and I thought for sure Sukie had finally lost itLOL

Why do you think it has come around to bite any one in the ass?
Just because you have an agenda to prove?
Because you are unhappy that the world doesn't bend to your will?
 Or is it something else?

Just curious.

Edited by Dion Richins - January 17 2009 at 11:08am
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 11:43am
Alright, alright, alright.  I'll do my best to answer any questions here.

#1- we have nothing to hide.  If anyone wants to see the books, by all means you are welcome to them.  There isn't some secret society of conspiracy or anything.  So feel free to investigate all you want and ask whatever questions you have.

#2- I don't see any reason not to post the finances.  Again nothing to hide.  No one ever asked for them before.  Years ago we posted them monthly, every month.  But nobody cared and it was a lot of work for nothing.  But we can do it again. 

#3- I don't know the figures myself, but I'll assume the figures above are true.  So let me see if I can answer them (although I wasn't president at the time). 
I think we sold 60 tickets last year.  60x$20 = $1200.  Our goal was to make the ticket cost offset the food cost.  That was the goal.  Charge people for the food. 
This didn't include the speaker cost.  Why?  Because anyone could come.  We had a waiting list of people for tickets, and correct me if I'm wrong but everyone who wanted to come last year was able to come. 

#4- in hindsight maybe we should have charged people enough to cover the speaker cost.  So that is what we did this year.  This year, no club money will be spent on the Valentine's Banquet that isn't coming from the ticket sales.  So your concern has been addressed and fixed.

#5- after this banquet meeting you are more than welcome to see the finances to verify this information.  Feel free to see for yourself that this event pays for itself. 

#6- many people think this event does NOT need to pay for itself.  Some would say it is worth the club spending money to show local store owners, wifes, vendors, and whoever else that we appreciate them.  That is why we also give away some free tickets to the banquet.  So yes, we lose money off the store owners who come, but the presidency felt it was worth it to keep them happy.  In some ways it is an investment. (again, this year I expect it all to be paid for in ticket sales, so this is somewhat of a moot point)

And finally.  We certainly appreciate comments and suggestions from people.  But it may be wise for people to ask questions before jumping to conclusions.  If you have questions... I'm always here to answer them.  Or, feel free to jump to conclusions spread rumors.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 11:44am
I'm assuming everyone has had a chance to express their views.  If not, pm me. 
Thanks again to everyone who has genuine concerns for improving the club.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic