Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richie's 28Gallon JBJ NanoCube HQI build.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 9:49am
Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing those pictures.

Mike

Xacttech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xacttech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 8:13pm
Lonely Dreamweaver

Just some zoa's

more

Ked Reds

Some kind of PE with purple tips on the skirts

Nice Blues, and some RGNs

Bright Purple Deaths, 7 on this little colony, and a solitary Red something or other

FTS... Probably should have cropped oh well... (I'll do that next)

Side tank shot

Look down angle front

All shots taken straight from camera with auto white balance... didn't have a chance to clean them up :D

Xacttech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xacttech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 8:19pm
New FTS
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2009 at 8:38pm
You have some beautiful pieces. I like the rock work too.

Mike

Xacttech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xacttech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 10:06am
Thanks!... It's hard to have patience to let things grow... Aside from the digitata and the superman monti, everything grows SLOW!! I figure 6 months from now things should be really looking good..

I have about ~50 varieties of zoas/palys 3 capricornis, 2 digitata, 1 superman monti, 1 millepora, 1 stylophora, 1 birdsnest, 2  acans, huge purple tip bright green frogspawn (in need of fragging), Indonesian  blue clove polyps, nuclear green candy coral, 3 different color ricordea florida, 2 green yumas, a Superman rhodactis, a few superman mushrooms (purple with blue dots) Think that's it...

No fish right now... HA! the Damsel that killed my two maroons is in the refugium. I'm not sure what fish I want, I'm' thinking a spotted mandarin (I have soooo many pods) and a pair of clowns, and not much more, Don't really want a large bioload.

Fun Fun!
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 1:00pm
Be careful with spotted mandarin. I had one in my nano and thought I had a lot of pods. It totally devoured them all within a month and eventually died. It would even eat prepared food but it still wasn't enough in the endCry

I think you would like a firefish. I have one in mine and it is awesome. Really colorful and very peaceful.
Xacttech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xacttech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 1:10pm
Thanks for the heads up... I think it's a YMMV deal... I'll see how it goes, and if things aren't looking great then I'll take it back to the petstore or give it to someone on here... they're just such fun fish to watch.

I like firefish too, but a wrasse and a firefish may not get along, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a wrasse... Who knows... :D
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2009 at 1:14pm
I love spotted mandarins. I am hoping my 40 will be big enough for one. It was my favorite fish of all time.

I don't think you will have problems with a  wrasse and firefish. My flasher wrasse was calm as could be. It got some infection and died overnight. White cotton ball grew on his head? I have had terrible luck fish in my tank. Corals are very easy for some reason.
Xacttech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xacttech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2010 at 4:01pm
Tank is for sale in the For sale section.

Tank has matured nicely... I did loose a lot of the good pieces from this thread :( tank just wasn't mature enough, and when I had my Kalk incident... well that sealed the fate of some specimens. Over all the tank is doing great though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic