Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do I need?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Riverton_Ten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do I need?
    Posted: February 02 2009 at 5:24pm
I grow only mushrooms, leathers, kenya, xenia, star polyps, yellow polyps, palys, etc. in my three tanks.  No SPS, no LPS.  I've noticed that my kenya is turning darker, with less polyps opening.  Same with the xenia, in two of my three tanks.  My big ol' frilly green mushroom and a large green ricordia, however, are big and beautiful in the tank where most other things are suffering -- 30 watts of N.O. lights, so I'm not thinking it's for lack of light.  I've actually changed the water more recently than normal in that tank, yet the kenya is dying back or so it seems.  

Is there a supplement that it needs?  Iodine?  Molybdenum and Strontium?  Others?  

And -- separate question -- now that you know what's in my tanks, is there one OVERALL supplement that'd be the MOST beneficial overall to the corals I keep?  Ya know, keeping things well-fed and happy?

I've just always worked on the adage that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  It seems that when I change the water in my tanks, it messes with everything.  Anyone else have that happen?  

Ideas?

PMGuernsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMGuernsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2009 at 10:55pm
I agree with you on not doing as much with water changes. My xenia and kenyas grow like crazy (unless they are being stung by an anemone then they get pissy), I add coral vitae once a week, and calcium and alkilinity daily. I also add a drop of loguls idoine once a week to my 30 gallon.
Hope this helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic