Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(See Pics) Softies seem a bit agitated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saltybuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (See Pics) Softies seem a bit agitated
    Posted: February 17 2009 at 4:35pm
I topped off my tank with RO yesterday, and I realized that today my frogspawn seemed to be retracted.  The frogspawn is normally very large, and instead, it seemed a bit shriveled showing it's green color.  My xenia was all retracted too except for one stalk.  Any idea as to what may have caused this?  The salinity is at 1.025 and my temp maintains a constant 79.  My testing supplies are out (I know, I might be dumb for asking without testing the water) and I need to go get more,  but should I be concerned?

See Pics...

Thanks

Mike
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 4:47pm
I would test water to be sure, but dont think there is anything to worry about, you most likely added the fresh water upstream from them and the sharp change in salinity affected them and they are retracting back, mine do it sometime when i add water.  they go back to normal within a day
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 6:11pm
Did you pour the new water in near the Frogspawn? I've done this before and it took my frogspawn quite a while to recover.

Mike

saltybuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 6:46pm
I actually poured it in the back of my Nano Cube.  I have done this many times before, but it has never reacted this way.  Maybe there was more than normal this time?
Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 7:39pm
I doubt that pouring it in the back would do that unless the pump is aimed at the Frogspawn.

Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2009 at 7:39pm
Dosing alk. to close would do it.

Mike

Dosing alk. too close would do it.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic