Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? clowns hosting in anenome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hammerhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammerhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? clowns hosting in anenome
    Posted: March 01 2009 at 5:12pm
I have 2 maroon clowns that I got from a friend about 2 months ago. He had them in a tank and they hosted in a bubble tip anenome, but when I got them I didn't have an anenome. Now I bought a bubble tip anenome and they havent hosted in it yet. How do I get them to host in it?Smile
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 5:18pm
Sometimes it just takes time. There are a few option but what I did that worked great was bait them into the anemone. 
Get some chopped krill or mysis (or both) and feed the anemone with a turkey baster. Squirt only a little bit in. The other fish will avoid the anemone but they clowns might brush up to it to get the food. After a few times of doing this they will be brave enough to go right into the anemone. Once they get the gist of it they should host. 

I've never herd of this method before but it's what worked for me. Let me know if it works for you because this might be a good method for all who have this problem.

Sculpin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic