Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bi-Color Blenny

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saltybuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bi-Color Blenny
    Posted: March 03 2009 at 5:08pm
I am wanting to add a Bi-Color Blenny to my 24 G. Nano and am doing some research.  I have had some mixed opinions and even the websites give some mixed info on this fish.  

-is a 24 G Nano too small for this fish?
-Do they get along with inverts? (Some websites say they do, others say they don't)
-Will they get along with a jawfish?

I would like to learn from your experience...

Thanks
Mike
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 5:18pm
Bi-colors really need a little bit bigger tank but could still do ok in that size. They do occasionally nip at clams and they do get along with Jawfish. The smaller the tank is the more aggressive a fish can become. I would look at one of the smaller herbivorous blennies instead unless you are really set on the Bicolor.

Mike

saltybuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltybuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 5:32pm
perfect, thanks for the info..
Mike
IdahoReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IdahoReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 7:13pm
I HAD a bicolor in my tank.... until last night. He was doing great and constantly was eating algae and occasionally would nip at the corals. The only fish that seemed to have an issue with him was my Royal Gramma. They did seem to work things out and got along OK after a couple of weeks.

Like I said, I HAD one.....

What happened? I don't know. When I got home he was swimming around and when I went to bed he was floating near the bottom and dead. I fed a couple of nights earlier and he ate with the rest of the crew.

Almost forgot to add, my tank was a 29.

Edited by IdahoReef - March 04 2009 at 7:14pm
Acrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 10:44pm
We had a bicolor in a 12 gallon nano for months. He lived happily with a fat clownfish and a possum wrasse. Then he lived in a 40g with a sixline & a hawkfish, & two clowns. Then he moved into another 12 gallon nano with 2 pink skunk clowns. Then he died. But I never had any problems with him being too aggressive, and it ate everything. Super cute.
90g Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic