Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you price coral frags?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Goonter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goonter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you price coral frags?
    Posted: March 19 2009 at 12:32pm
I know it is going to vary very much by the color and type of the coral, but i am curious as to how people figure out how much to charge for a frag of their coral.  In particular i have some brick redish brown boarder, green center Blastomussa merleti and i am curious if it is per head or inch or what and how do distinguish how much to sell it for. If anyone could point me in the right direction or give me a guide on how to figure out the 'right' price for corals, that would be most helpful!

Thanks.

Edited by Goonter - March 19 2009 at 12:43pm
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2009 at 12:51pm
That is such a tough question... Obviously there is no right answer but usually I will look up the piece and see what other people sell some similar frags for.  Sometimes you will find a similar frag on other trading posts or frag sites.  Then I look at the price others have charged/paid and ask myself if I'd buy it for that price.  Since you already have the piece it should be pretty easy for you to decide if it is something you'd buy. 
IMO it comes down to if you wouldn't buy it for that price why would others?
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic