FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diseased Clownfish help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diseased Clownfish help needed
    Posted: March 31 2009 at 11:49am
So I was back home in Hawaii for 3 weeks and when i got home my large 5" + clownfish had some sort of white growth on the side of her face on her spine, I did a freshwater dip and it cleared up but it has come back so i started searching the internet and everything i come across is clownfish disease, which it doesn't sound like.  Anyone know what it might be and how to get rid of it.  I will post a pic tonight, but wanted to get ideas.  She acts normal, eats and everything, even laid eggs again last night.  Any clues would be appreciated!

Edited by 05gtiguy - March 31 2009 at 2:30pm
Kynneke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynneke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 4:20pm
That sounds almost like Lymphocyctis.  It's a viral infection and when my clowns had it it was on the same spot and it was a white growth.  My fish cleared up in about a month, might want to google it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 5:32pm
Thats exactly what it sounds like, so sounds like its just a wait and see type thing since its a virus.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic