FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what is this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is this?
    Posted: March 31 2009 at 7:24pm

i bought some live rock  and i noticed this thing that i thought was some kind of green plant or something but yesterday i noticed that it had opened up and then this morning it was half way up my glass and had what looked like a spider web holding it up but it was only a couple strans not a full web what is it?

Edited by 93cobra - March 31 2009 at 8:14pm
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 7:56pm
Some kind of clam, like a cleaner clam...  I have some that look kinda like that, but they are attached to the live rock.

Not sure how or why it would be on the glass, but they do use strands to hold their foot onto rocks and whatnot...

Has it moved again or opened?
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 8:00pm
ya he was opend up a couple hours ago and i think he was on the rock but fell off in transport i found it in the bottom of the bucket and figured i would throw it in my tank.
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 9:45pm
Welcome 93cobra!

Mike

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 9:48pm
thank you crims. do you know if they are good or bad? im new to the salt water world
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 9:49pm
there not bad at all, I have about 6 of them in my 24g nano. 
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 9:52pm
sweet thanks.
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 11:06pm
They are neat little hitchhikers.  All rocks should come with them.  LOL
If you get a chance you should post a pic of him open.
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2009 at 11:09pm
ok i will as soon as he opens up again.
CowFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CowFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2009 at 8:22pm
HI DJ!! lol :)
Clearfield, UT.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic