Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A great Store

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
JaredV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaredV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A great Store
    Posted: August 10 2004 at 6:55pm
Sorry, I know this is the place where people usually talk about
what they have to sell. But I thought that I should post this here
in hopes that this might benifit someone else. I recently
purchased a tank from marine aquatics from Arjen and Eric. I
just waned to tell everyone how spectactular it is. I think that I
recived the best deal than anyone offered me. But it was not the
fact that is was cheaper than anyone else but that they took the
time to help me set it up. They wired the lights and drilled the
hole in the sump, they really helped me out. I say this at the risk
of offending many other good shop owners, I depend also on
them. But I think the reason I chose their store because they
went far and beyond anyone else to help me put together a
very nice tank. I am not in the habbit of advertising for other
people but I just thought I should say something.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 7:30pm
If you're on a budget, don't go there today! I just spent $70 bucks, and
there was still a couple of frags i want!!

Thanks, Eric!!! I want Brazilians!!!!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 7:40pm
I also went today to Marine Aquatics, Spent too much but  it's a great price for what I got
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 7:42pm
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 8:55pm

I too made a little stop at Marine Aquatics.  It must be ORA frag picture time...

Blue Tort, picked up tonight!  Thanks Eric.

And another ORA frag.  Blue tip stag.  Thanks Shawn

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2004 at 10:30pm
TORT! How much??? I'm in the market.
www.captivereefing.com
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 6:25am

Might be too late....

pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 7:25am
I was in The Aquarium a couple of days ago. They had some very cool acros on sale. Some I've never seen before, mind you I haven't been in the hobby too long. But I think I've seen the norm of the LFS's.
improdigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 8:16am

pmpt, Aquarium does have a good variety of stuff, but they tend to overcharge quite a bit. I usually go there as a last resort when I need something that no one else has.

I'm surprised I didn't bump into more people at MA last night, I was there too...hehe Obviously everyone heard of the awesome shipment of goodies he picked up. I was just there to pick up some test kits and snails, but I also had to take an extra hour there to talk his ear off and drool over the new stuff he had gotten in. Looks like everyone above grabbed the exact ones I was staring at. (can't wait to get some better lights so I can get some of these fancy items, of course Eric is working with me to hook that up as well).

Btw, if you want to see Eric beaming with pride, ask him about his skimmer inventions.

Edited by improdigal
Patrick
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 8:28am

It is bad that MA is so darn close to my house. I spend too much money there.

In all seriousness, if you havent been by to see them, you should really check it out.

pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 8:51am
I really haven't seen The Aquarium being overpriced. I've bought stuff for almost every store and find that they have the best selection, and healthiest livestock. Besides, they will usually always give you a deal on stuff. I'm sure you've seen that Improdigal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 8:58am

Originally posted by pmpt pmpt wrote:

Besides, they will usually always give you a deal on stuff. I'm sure you've seen that Improdigal.

That's true, the people that work there are really kewl to work with and happy to help you out. I don't mean to bad mouth them. They have a really good selection there. 

Patrick
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:00am
They usually do have a great selection. Fish especially. But don't kid yourself - they are always more pricey than other LFS's
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:05am

Originally posted by pmpt pmpt wrote:

I really haven't seen The Aquarium being overpriced.

I like Brad.   So like Improdigal I don't want to sound like I'm bad mouthing The Aquarium, but those prices are sky high.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote improdigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:21am

Ok, now I feel bad.

I like the aquarium and the people there are awesome. I'm sorry I said anything. Every LFS has their forte's and items they sell for good prices or higher prices. For example, I usually go to Under the Sea for the best price on anenomes and invertibrates, but I seldom see them mentioned here.

Patrick
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:22am
I don't know what you guys are talking about, there may be a few bucks different. But not sky high. Even so, you get what you pay for. I've seen a better mortality rate of my fish from buying them at The Aquarium. I introduced one fish from another LFS, and now my tank has a huge ich problem. That one fish is the only varible that has changed in the last 5 months. Saving a few bucks going to another LFS might have cost me much more in dead fish. I won't go anywhere else.
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:25am
I should mention the LFS that I bought my fish from that gave my tank ich. It is one I hear talked about quite often on this website. But I don't want to mention names.
BigBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:57am
I've had very good experience at Marine Aquatics too. I would
buy all my stuff there if I could- mostly because Eric is so
affable. Their plans are to expand their selection and with that I
hope I won't have to go to those other places.
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 12:35pm
pmpt,, say no more I know the one you are talking about... I too have had nothing but poor stock from them. I really dont get why they have nothing but praise from everyone on this board.  I wont even bother with the drive anymore. I love the Aquarium and have yet to buy one thing from them that did not live..I dont find them over priced for the quality...  I have also had great sucess with MA. Their hours are strange.. I have been there a few times and they were not open so I ended up at the Aquarium anyway..... I guess we all have our faves...All in all we are lucky to have such a great selection of LFS....
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 2:57pm

You guys are right - we are very fortunate to have so many different LFS to choose from and we are all going to have different experiences and opinions about each of them.  I also didn't mean what I was saying about the Aquarium(haven't been there in almost 2 years) I actually was thinking about a different LFS more up my way.

pmpt - not to sound like a jerk, but how are you so sure it was the tang from the LFS that gave your tank ich and not your tank that gave it ich?  I see ich happen quite often from stress in transporting from store to the home.  As well as it should of had visible signs of ich at the LFS.  By the way I have no idea what LFS you are talking about. 

Edited by rfoote
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic