Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLocal Store Poker Tour Wrap Up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
chk4tix View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 10:30pm
Sounds like everyone had a good time so far, I unfortunately had to work... 
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Nick801 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 10:24pm
111 miles(no joke) 5 hours and 7 stores later....  I will have to post new pics soon to say the least =)
thefu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 8:45pm
I went to six stores, if you count the Petco in Bountiful. I bought some dry goods (Bird World), frozen food (Aquarium), Dry goods (Marine Aquatics), Sweet Blue Zoos (Ewalds Reef), Cool Zoo 10-polyp frags at great $4.99 price (Fish4U).

I thought the stores were way busier than I ever have seen them. Some had better inventory of livestock than others.

Fish4U went up a 1/2 notch for me this time - for some reason the lighting seemed better, and the tanks looked cleaner...also, they have a nice new Starphire display tank they are setting up in the front of the store - it will be interesting if they keep it au naturale like the rest of their tanks or more clean, diverse, and colorful like those at Marine Aquatics and Aquatic Dreams.

Acrid, what stores had that unreal pricing differential, I (and most likely most club members) would really like to know that for the future.

Overall it was kind of fun. We'll see what my 6 cards end up getting me.
Acrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 8:09pm
We bought from 5 stores. We got 2 pipefish, a tang, 2 clams, and a corris wrasse. And some lightbulbs. And a weird, crazy urchin. I thought the stores that did additional discounts for the poker tour were ahead of the game. I know it certainly influenced what stores we went to, and which ones were more of an afterthought.

My only complaint was that I bought one pipefish at a store for $59.99, and then another at a different store for $14.99. Same exact species. That left a bad taste in my mouth (figureatively speaking, of course).

We also met one member from Idaho, who was super nice.

90g Reef
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2009 at 7:23pm
Alright... so what did you all get?  How did it go?  Any local stores feel free to share your input as well.  Let's hear about that day.

Adam
Next Meeting: Holiday Social
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic