Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLocal Store Poker Tour Wrap Up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ksarcury View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 10:11pm
OK - I'm jealous!  Sounds like everyone had a great time.  My hubby and I wanted to do the all day tour, but I had a work conference I couldn't get out of Cry  Bummer for me, but great for all of you!

We'll just have to shop later. . . Wink

So sorry to hear about Ryans show tank.  We are regular customers and LOVE that tank!

Kenna
90 gal. reef
12 g. nano w/acans
34 g. salano system
Jeremyw View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 11:14pm
I only ended up going to Aquatica and the Aquarium and boy were they busy. I picked up some live rock to add to my new 90 gallon. But there was some good stuff that if I had the money I would have loved to pick up! I did get the chance to meet a bunch of you though!

I ended up starting leaving my house at 7 am to grab my keychain from mike and getting crabs and snails from chad. Then I went down to provo to grab some corals from a member and help him with his plumbing of his new tank that he got the other day off the board. I broght the corals I got from him home aclimated them and finished aclimating me snails and crabs, then meet another member at his work to trade with him. Then took that home aclimated them. then went to one last members house to get some frags from him.

Then it was off to the Aquarium. All in all I ended up with about 8 frags of Zoas with 25+ heads on them. To different types of blastos, a 6" long wall bubble coral, 5 acropora frags. Some palys, a fighting conch and a bunch of snails. I also got to meet 5 members and help them with there tanks.

It was a good day to go to a couple of stores and to meet some members and help them out. Im glade I had to the excuse to get out and meet you all! Thanks for everything! Look forward to fragging these all in a couple of months so that you can all enjoy the pink,purple,green,orange zoas and many more colors of them!

I to am also sorry to hear about Ryans tank! Thats a bugger I hope it all works out and you catch those turd buckets!
Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 12:02am

Lydia and I started about 3 PM because of soccer game for My nephew.  It was a cold day siting and watching him play.

We went to the Aquarium and it was packed.  We got some filter stuff there.  Then We went to Incredible pets.  Lydia went straight to the dogs and was all amazed.  She loves the "weiner" dog as she has one herself.  The guy that runs the fish section is way awesome.  There prices were amazing as I thought.  We ending up getting a huge rock of yellow polyps afor 16.99 with discount.

After a short drink break we then went to Fish 4 you.  I needed lights for my 10 gallon setup.  I am using a 24 gallon aquapod hood to light it.  For a LFS they have the best prices on lights in MHO.  After a quick sop in there we went tyler @ Salt City Aquatics.  He is so nice and friendly.  He sold us a head of 4 candy cane coral (neon green) and a bunch of green and yellow zoos for 20 dollars total.  Because of time we then hit up Marine Aquatics.  Too bad eric wasn't there but his partner is way nice.  It was 5:30 and there were 4 people in the store.  We picked up sme snails and some fish food.  Also I got my free RO water. Anyways we did all that in 3 hours.

Want tp say thanks to the stores for having great prices and willing to join in on the Poker Tour.  Also, I want to say thanks to the presidency for putting this event on.

P.S. I hope Ryan gets everything in order. 
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
Summertop View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2009 at 10:00am
Well, we missed Fish-4-u, ran out of time.  We were able to get to 5 pets stores.  It was awesome.  Was able to talk to 3 of the owners.  Spent way too much money!  But, hey!  they were NEEDS!

I definitely want to do this again next year.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
You can buy your 2017 membership Here!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2009 at 2:10pm
Sounds like you all had a great time!!!

Again thank you to all of our wonderful sponsors.  And thank you to all the club members who made this a great event.

ClapClapClap

Adam
Next Meeting: Holiday Social
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic